Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anderson Ranch 7/16 Kokanee Report
[cool][cool]Fished Anderson by my self on Sunday was fishing by 8:30 a.m. Started out with the planer boards and headed towards Lime Creek. By the time I got to LC I had pulled the planer boards in and switched over to the downriggers.That seemed to be the ticket. I ran the line counters out to 75 feet then droped them to 15 feet on the DR. Went to the back of LC and ran into Ken from Mountain Home (Packfans cousin) he was with two other guys and they were on fish. I did manage to catch some nice 15 inch plus kokes in the back of LC. With the water skiers and all I made my way back out to the mouth and started catching fish there. I stayed mostly at the mouth of LC as this seemed to hold the best concentrations of fish. I could not find the EChip lures in Twin Falls so I picked up some Apex instead in the red,orange,green. and pink. They all caught fish along with the Double Whammey red beads and silver blade behind a Bolo with hollo graphic blades. This set up with out a doubt produced the most fish. And of course they were all baited with the shoepeg corn with red dye and anise scent. These Kokes just seem to like the spinners the best. It was a "HOT" day on the water (temp wise) and a pretty good day of fishing.All in all I brought home 24 more kokes for the smoker and lost at least half that many. Next week it's off to Willard Bay (Utah) for 5 days to chase those addicting "Wiper Boils" and hopefuly catch a few "Eyes" for the freezer.[Smile][Smile]
[signature]
Hey Lunddude, glad your still having good luck at Anderson. Cuz said he ran into you at Lime Creek, I think he said they quit at 40 and then went fishing the smallmouth for awhile. I forgot what sit you said you would be staying at this weekend. I'll try to get up to yak for a few minutes. I'm leaving Fri. after work to check out an area for elk, but i'll see if I can make it up sometime during the weekend.[cool]
[signature]
Packfan: We are staying in Cottonwood site #12. We will get there mid afternoon and will not leave untill Wednesday the 26th. It sounds like it's going to be a hot one temp wise just heard 102 and 103 for Boise this weekend. Hope to see ya there.[cool]
[signature]
Not suppose to be quite that hot here this weekend, mid to upper 90's I think. [Smile]
[signature]
Lunddude, be prepared for a crowd there this weekend as Monday is a State Holiday (Pioneer Day). I didn't know if you were aware of this or not?[cool]
[signature]
Packfan: Thanks for the warning I was not aware of the holiday. Oh well sounds like we'll have lots of company.[Smile]
[signature]
If the skiers get to you, you can alsways take a run up to Porcupine and fish for the Kokes there. It's a small lake up South East of Hyrum. Maybe 35 miles from your camp. No corn allowed in this state though. The limit is 12 Kokes each and they will probably run Anderson Size. I'm thinking maybe Sunday I might take a trip up there if not next Friday. It's kind of a no wake lake.
[signature]
That might not be a bad idea. How do they fish for them? Are they doing any good on the kokes? It's been years since I've been to Porcupine. As a kid from 1968-1970 my family lived in Hyrum. I used to fish down below the spillway of Hyrum Resivoir for trout all the time. Hyrum was the first town we lived in when we moved out from Minnesota in 1968. When you say no wake is that a speed limit thing or electric motors only? Does Porcupine get much fishing pressure?[Smile]
[signature]
My buddy was up there last Sunday and picked up 11, trolling with down riggers. He got there at day break and fished until noon. Steve said he started at about 25 ft. and later in the morning went down to 50 ft. He was trolling small pop gear and the small red needlefish set up I had used at Anderson. I think he said he caught some on the tripple teaser (white with red head). He put in by the spring on the upper end. There is no boat ramp on the lake. You can launch in the chute part way back to the spring, it is an old road bed. The weather man changed his story last night and now it is suppose to hit 100+ this weekend.[cool]
[signature]
Oh the "No Wake" thing is just a local policy not really a law to keep the skiers and jet skies off. Most people adhere to it. No restriction on motor size. It usually doesn't get super crowded especially on a Sunday. There are several BRTR's that fish it. Petty4life and NeveronSunday fish it some. Haven't seen any reports from them lately on this lake.[Smile]
[signature]