Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tournaments
Any one been having any luck this year?
I took a 5th place and a 4 place this year so far...
[signature]
I've been in four this year and the only one my partner and I had a good bag was cancelled at 10pm the night before the event. [ We still fished the lake that day.] [Sad] Some times I just pay the entrie fee to enjoy the good eats after the event. I won't be quiting my day job.[Wink]
[signature]
bass contests?
I fished one this weekend placed 6th..out of 17 teams
had 7 fish with 13.42 5th place was13.47

they only payed 5 places hahaha my luck
[signature]
Our tourneys only the top three get money out of 15-20 boats. Tough act to follow. 5 fish limit here in CT.
[signature]
yeah the same here ..but we had more sponsors this weekend ..
most of the time we have around 20 too 25 boats ..here in Michigan......2 weeks till our next one..
we have a little club around here that fishes on wednesday nights ... only about 10 boats ..its all fun tho
[signature]
i fished one and didnt even catch a fish =[ psh with the fishing now a days
[signature]
Dog days of summer are here and the bite will be tough. Thats why I'll head to the salt more often in July and August, better action.
[signature]
I never fished salt water before ...what do you fish for? and do you go out far...?
[signature]
during the dog days, I make like a dog and dig deaper, other words I go out early in the mornings and late afternoons or I go deaper down the shelf....
[signature]
So true DaveT, what few bass I have gotten lately have been deep. Bassass, I fish for fluke,stripers and blues if they get in the way.Here we'er lucky to have a choice and usually the salt water action picks up mid summer til november. Which is perfect for me when the bass aren't jumbing in the boat.
[signature]
Oh so true on the deep water ..I also like too hit under boats and docks....lots of flipin nowa days ..also like too hit the deep thick scum on the water this week we are on the river so I'll be hiting the cuts on the river where the water is colder small mouths anyway.. lots of site fishing in the tall grassy areas too...(I hope hahahahah)
[signature]
any 1 fish this past weekend?
I did .and didn't do worth a hoot
[signature]
Your not alone bassass, read my report for VT. Another guy I heard did just as well as we did in Minn. The bite was off every where.
[signature]
Well we been doing ok .... but no money hahahahhha
Fish a lake called hubbard this sunday ..full of nice small mouth ...... 24lb should win it ..with 7 fish ..... 2 day classic coming up soon ..
[signature]
Any1doing any good?
Took a 6 th this past weekend ..got the 2 day coming up this weekend
[signature]
I've got one sat. with 19 other boats. winds are going to be 20 knots up here that day. See what happens. If nothing else the BBQ is always great. May try deep water till 10 then go shallow.
[signature]
Well ..good luck too ya......u fishing small mouth?
Hubbard lake here in Michigan is full of nice small mouth
walleye too.....
It's a great ice fishin lake too
[signature]
We got 4th place over all for the 2 day
we got 39.07 lbs for the weekend
Took 6th place over all for the year
the winning team got 59.72lbs...14 fish all small mouth
[signature]
Good job bassass. We got skunked on the lake for that tourney. I did get a chance to fish the same tourny with Joe Kowalski of rods and Wheels fame. He got skunked as well. The cook out with him was a blast.
[signature]
[signature]