Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X MAN did you hear what Utah Outdoors said about you?
On the way to Lost creek Saturday(7am) I heard KSL(1160am) talking about a post on UFF that was made some time ago, about people not paying the fees to get into the state parks or other areas that require a fee. I remember the post and it started off with someone complaining about people not paying the fees in the winter because no one was at the gate. For some reason they decided to pick on Xman because he made the statement that he does not use the pay parking areas and prefers to go to areas that do not require a fee. I lost all respect for Utah Outdoors after they put down X man and many others because they gave their opinion about pay areas and many other statements that showed they had no idea what they were talking about. Its Sad when a great radio channel like KSL has a couple of guys like them talking on the Utah Outdoors radio show about something they know nothing about.
Did anyone else hear the show? It started at 7am and ended at
8am, they were also talking about wolves in Montana and hunting on Freemont island. WH2
[signature]
Wow really? I guess im famous but probably not in a good way. Either way that is simply my opinion. Its too bad other people wont speak their mind if they don like something. Again i never said I dont pay the fees if i go there. But that usually means I dont go there unless I plan on having a picnic with my girlfriend or something. What a small thing to bring up on a public talk show. Dont they have other important things to talk about. And the real question I have is, did they show the flipside of the coin. Demonstrating the opinions of the people who do not desire pay areas in places they have already fished for some time without it?

Thanks for the info I think ill email them fora transcript of the program or something.
[signature]
I just emailed them through there website and a update on the UFF forum. I feel from what i could read that the information was heavily weighted and wasnt presented in the full context of the original conversation. Thus being that seems to be media these days. Either way it would be nice to see both sides of the story presented and correct the lopsided point of view which was not the case from the original posts.
[signature]
I'm glad that you contacted them and I agree it was a one sided
conversation. They did ask for people to call in but as you can imagine not a lot of people are up at that time and if they are they are going fishing or work. I don't have a cell phone so I could not call them. WH2
[signature]
I tend to believe that had the guys on the show even taken the time to read the history of posts on the site they would have seen that not only is Xman an accomplished angler, but a well respected one in the quality angling communities. I dont knwo how he gets mixed up in all these issues, I saw that post over on the UFF a while back where they were just beating a good man down, and now to have the utah outdoors radio show do it without even taking the time to get his side is just irresponsible. You can bet I will be e-mailing them asking for a retraction of the slander. I will not allow such behavior on this site and if I can help it, I will not allow is to happen to any of the quality members of this site.

[url "mailto:radio@utahoutdoors.com"]radio@utahoutdoors.com[/url] <[url "mailto:radio@utahoutdoors.com"]radio@utahoutdoors.com[/url]>

The many anglers who took the time to e-mail the parks dept got the gate at lost creek open, maybee the many angler e-mails can resotre the public image of a fine man.
[signature]
I'm sorry, but I think the show lost me as a listener. For a show broadcasted through out the valley and single out one man, to me is very childish.[mad][mad][mad][mad]

X-man, to hell with those guys, your still my hero[Wink]
[signature]
[size 1]"I tend to believe that had the guys on the show even taken the time to read the history of posts on the site. . ."[/size]

[size 1]Maybe they did take the time to read it and in fact maybe they or their good friends were the ones who wrote all of the negative stuff anonimously about Xman [shocked]. They must have been upset by all of the people that defended him so they went to a place where Xman supporters didn't have as much of a voice so they could tear him up. [/size]

[size 1]I haven't met you Xman, but I like what you stand for. Don't let em beat you down. [/size]
[signature]
I went with our Scouts on their annual overnighter at Strawberry and we parked at Mud Creek. The overnight fee there was $10.00. I thought that to be quite steep. But I bit my lip and put the tenner in the envelope any ways. Next morning I had a notice on my windsheild about needing to pay again for that day. I am assuming that they thought I had only paid the 4 dollar fee for the prior day, which was the date I had put on the slip. It kinda irregated me. My buddy who drove the other vehicle didn't write a date on his slip and so they left him alone. Grrrrrrr.

Just in case any body is wondering. X-Man, you are OK in my book. And I noted that on UFF as well.
[signature]
Hey X , did you have to request a transcript ? I did see anything when I went to the site . Thats to bad they see things one sided , and to pick you out . I would like to read it .
[signature]
click this link [url "http://www.utahoutdoors.com/"]http://www.utahoutdoors.com/[/url] Scroll down to the second line from the very bottom and click the link for an interesting read.
[signature]
Thanks for the support guys. I will include the link to the website in case anyone is interested in reading the transcript. I really dont care much about what other people say about me. But what bothers me is the fact of a public show that only shows one side. That is not objective media regardless of the slander they might say about someone, at least show the flip side of the coin so the listener can make a educated decision not a loaded one. Thats really all that bothered me about that whole scenario. Good to see great friends around here though, these type of things shows you who and what the people you converse with are really all about. I can see its all top notch company here.
[signature]
Wow I forgot I even posted on the subject until I just looked at the link. I with you all the way xman. They should discuss both sides of the issue. I wonder if they bashed my name as well?

tightline
[signature]
Yes they did, but when I made the post I could not remember anyone's name by Xman. WH2
[signature]
Utah Outdoors on KSL Newsradio 1160 AM

This week's show lineup! Feb. 15th, 2003

Tim and the Trail Master, Cris Draper, have a great show lined up for this week.

Last week, we talked about the controversy of having to pay or not to pay fees for accessing Utah State Parks and other popular recreation areas, and we received a lot of e-mail and phone calls on the subject. We felt, as well as many of the listeners did as well, that we should find out the details on why we pay these fees, where the money goes, and how sets these fees. We have the following guests lined up to help us sort this out:

6:45 AM
Kathy Jo Pollock - Public Affairs Wasatch - Cache National Forest
7:05 AM
Dave Morrow, Deputy Director of Utah State Parks

Get your questions ready and let's find out the scoop!

7:15 AM
FishBytes with Dave Webb!

X-man I would love to hear you call up and give your side of the conversation. I am sure if you tell them who you are they will let you on the air.
[signature]
I agree X-man, Take'em all to school[cool]
[signature]
What time does the show start?
[signature]
6:00 a.m. but they may be talking skiing or something other than fishing for a while. Then it will go to the parks discussion and then fishing talk. We generally listen to it on our way to the fishing holes saturday mornings. Beats music stations.
Please tell me I'm not the only one who listens to Brad Paisley, I'm gonna miss her, on the way to a fishin hole.[shocked]
[signature]
Cant go wrong with that song. It is good tunes and as a matter of fact I will be heading to the water hole myself about that time tomorrow.
[signature]
unfourtunately ill be out doing what they are talking about, fishing. ill be at otter creek all weekend. sorry all i would love to speak my mind on a program like that. perhaps ill call them later and try to figure something out.
[signature]