Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any recent Yuba fishing reports????
I was thinking about taking the family to Yuba next week AFTER all the people leave on monday and camp for a few days. I was just wondering how the fishing is mid summer for trout and what areas and what depths would be most productive? Thanks for any and all help!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Heard a report from last week that the big trout are hard to find but there are quite a few 12"-14" planters coming in around the shoreline on power bait. Also, lots of perch around the whole lake. They are BACK.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Haven't heard of any walleyes or northerns though.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Looks like it will be sometime after Labor Day and cooler waters when the fathead minnows move into the dam area and the big trout come up to play with them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
We did catch a couple more northerns last week one evening around brush/weeds but we could not get any big trout to play. People were catching smaller planters as TD stated trolling the damn and dock areas. You can catch all the perch your heart desires over flooded brush in 10-30 foot of water as well. I wish they would go ahead and make a 3 or 4 fish limit on the perch and let us eat some of them - they are really getting some good size [Smile]

Has anyone caught a tiger trout yet? If they grow as fast as the rainbows it will be something else in the spring of 08. Also the ranger told me a few weeks ago they were starting to catch a few small eyes which is very good news.
[signature]
i was over at the paited rock area about 2 weeks ago and we cought 3 pike in about 2 hrs then got kicked off the lake by the big W..
live perch minnows were working great!! lol just kidding!! perch rapales were working great!! around the willow's on the west side in about 5 to 10 feet of water.. lot's of moss around there tho!!

good luck!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I understand that the bigger pike like live planter rainbows. (Just kidding, varmint).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]The one pike I caught up by the bridge hit a perch finish crankbait too. And, it had a 7 inch perch in its gut. Hmmmmm. What does that tell ya?[/#0000ff]
[signature]