Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo 2/9/03
So, I'm over half of the way through my monday and I realize that I didn't share the details of my trip to Echo on sunday. Here it is..got to the reservoir about 8:30 and went out from the boat ramp about 180 yards. The water was about 30 ft deep (estimating here) and the fishing was fast for smaller/average size perch (right on the bottom). Another buddy showed up with his kids and we humped it all the way to the other side by I-80 (15 ft deep). Fishing was slow and yielded no perch and 2 slimers. Hiked back to about 2/3rds the way from the boat ramp to the I-80 shore (25 ft deep) and the fishing was on. Average size perch (7"-8"=) on the bottom about as fast as you could get your line down, and rainbows suspended at about 12 ft. I even hooked a few of the larger perch that were pushing 10"+.When we were all out of bait (2:00pm), we called it a day.

Glow in the dark #10 demon or equal tipped with wax or meal worms. (medium splitshot 12" from jig to get it to the bottom quick)
[signature]
Thanks for the head up Ram4x. Sounds like you guys had a great time fishin. Good luck next time as well.
[signature]
Thanks for the report . My buddy is hope to get me out to punch more holes in the ice .(I thought I was hanging it up HEHE ) I like perch to eat better then slimers , may have to get out next weekend . ice thickness would be great to know . thanks tight lines
[signature]
Thanks again . I was hoping to get some info on some perch water . Was hoping for some reports on Pineview . Hopefully the ice hold on this week .
[signature]