Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3" butt pucker

Today!!! yes yes yes
Utah Lake I walked on 3" thick,beautifully clear,slicker than heck ICE that cracked every other step we took. Yes we squeezed those cheeks for three hours straight.What a rush!!!
the catching was a little slow, but we did manage a 1st for us, Trent caught a catfish,this was the first I had seen come out of an ice hole.Along with that we caught 3 white bass and a blue gill.
This was at the outlet.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Did you take any pictures for the BFT Ice Fishing Derby, James? I want somebody from this page to win that power ice auger![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I want to get down that way and try and put a hurtin' some white bass. I hope the bite gets hot sometime soon![/size][/font]
[signature]
I'm nervous on 6 " let alone 3 " . I punched a hole at Grantsville Res (last year) and when it broke thru the ice cracked all around me . This 220# boy just back away when i realize it was only 3 " thick . I haven't got wet yet on the ice but I did fall in a river in the winter . No fun , that was cold enough for me .
[signature]
I'm with you HA, Usually if its not 6" at least. I stay home. Its too cold to be going swimming let alone trying to explain to the gaurds at the front gate why I'm driving naked[blush][shocked]
[signature]

sorry no pic's, that way the cat can get bigger each day. 3 inch Ice is plenty to hold my 225,it's just freaky walking on clear ice I've been on thinner but I could not see through it so it didn't bother me.
It was kid of funny when we let the catfish go,he stayed up next to the ice as he swam away for 20 feet.just plain weird to watch him swim under our feet.
[signature]

Bummer we missed you Anon.
I did measure,straight up 3.I probably would not have ventured out if I had known the catch rate but I had visions of last years catch rate in my head.
[signature]