Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bear lake question
i am headed to bear lake on wed. taking a group of boys have never fished it before. we are staying some private ground on west side. is the trolling anygood on that side? have down riggers and such, any help would be apreciated just didnt want to run across lake everyday if not neccesary.
[signature]
Skippy the lurker told me their was some Tuna and dolphin up in the shallows on the east side,,,,But I dont know if thats true,,Good luck ol buddy.
[signature]
BB3333,

I would pm Bearlakefishguy. He could probably be as much help as anybody. I would troll 60-90 feet with flatfish and rapalas in the regular haunts as are in previous posts. If you mark some fish and have some cisco, I would try to stay over them and jig them up. As you well know, The Big bear is tough fishing this time of year. Good luck with the fishing and the group of boys.

RILEY
[signature]
South East, weed beds, jig for perch that will feed an army if you find them! Otherwise troll deep on the East side from first point to rainbow cove.
Just my two cents before I leave this worthless place and head up there myself!
[signature]
hey bb- i'd love to come help you guys, but it would be a long way to travel from here in tahiti. find a small lake to take the kids to catch planters, if you insist on going on the big water drag the wiper gear by the eden delta's and you might get into a couple. make sure to have a couple of mono lines out on top, with the riggers down in 50-60 feet, you should pick a few up. let me know- skippy knows how to get ahold of me.
[signature]
hey mac hows life with the hula girls? when ya comin back? lets get together and you can show me how to jig for them macs at thegorge.
[signature]