Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packing light????
I'm 58. I still got a lot of "get up and go" but some of it got up and went. The lighter I pack, the further i'll get. If i'm gonna have a heart attack backwoodsing it, I at least want my rescuers to have to make an effort to drag me out a long ways! Smile
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]If you want to carry your craft into a remote lake, you will quickly learn the difference between Necessary, Nice and Nonessential. Every extra ounce is multiplied. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]For day trips, on clear and open trails, you can pack your tube in fully inflated...if you have the D ring connections on your tube and a set of backpack straps. Those are available as accessories through some manufacturers or through online tubing stores. Otherwise, you can fully deflate your craft and stuff it in either a regular large backpack or one of the pack bags also offered as an accessory by some mfgrs.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Unless you plan to catch large trout, skip the net. Wear superlite waders and only take a light shell for rain protection.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Much of what you pack and how you pack it will be determined by the length and duration of your hike. If it is just a day hike, less than a few miles, you should be able to handle it easily. If you are planning to camp, you have to add in the sleeping bag, cooking gear and food. Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hi there, sounds like you're going in deep where no one wants to go for the great fishing it has to offer! I wonder where u are and where are ya going?
I'm from Illinois.
[signature]
I'm in Florida and going to Colorado Aug 2nd - 15th
I also take regular trips to the Appalachian mts in NC, GA and TENN.
[signature]
You asked about rain jackets. I use a jacket I bought for cycling for everything. Its rain proof and windproof, and it packs into a pocket to become a fanny pack. Sleeves come off to form a vest. Only thing missing is a hood.
Its made by Canari.
[signature]
Brand name? Dealers or website?
U said cycling, how far do u ride? I love cycling and do it whenever I can. (Flatlander and easy!)
[signature]
I do alot of cycling, road mostly. Typical rides are 30-50 miles with some major climbing here and there. I race a little.
Canari makes the jacket.
I found it at REI for $65
Check [url "http://www.performancebike.com"]www.performancebike.com[/url], too. Typically cycling gear is packable and lightweight, so some of it works very well for other outdoors activities.
[signature]
Been to Franklin, North Carolina a lot of times when her dad was around. Very pretty out there and we did see a lot around. I like the rainbow trout fishing farms that were a lot around there at that time. Never got a change to try those wild rivers trout's. While we were at her dad's restaurant I noticed a lot of Floridians were up there to get away from the heat. Appalachian Mountians is really pretty all seasons. So many things to see/do but had very little time.....
[signature]
Yikes!! A lot of miles than I do! I only do about ten to twenty the most. Anyone who rides with me kinda gives up on those long rides....[unsure] So I would just get up as early as I can and ride as far as my legs would take me and get back home then have breakfast with the wife on weekends. That's some workout I like to do after a long day (12 hrs four and a half days) at work.
[signature]