Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta's 7/23 & 24
I left West Valley about noon on 7/23 and was fishing Marjorie lake by about 3:00. I fished there about 3 hours and caught 11 grayling and 3 brookies. Then I went over the hill to Weir Lake and caught 8 Brookies in about an hour. I started back but had to throw my line into Long lake as I went by. I only caught 2 brookies there but since it was starting to get dark I didn't fish very long. The only fish that I kept were the two from Long. On 7/24 I fished Trial (4 skinny bows), Crystal (0), Washington (0), and Cliff (0). There was a couple fishing Cliff and they were doing fairly well. I don't know what they were using. I could have been a jig or bait. They were casting out and then reeling very slowly. As I was returning home the DWR had a major check station on Hwy 150. They were checking everyone coming down the mountain. They checked my license and my two brookies and sent me on my way pretty quickly. But, it seemed like some vehicles were getting searched from top to bottom. They even had dogs for sniffing out violations.
[signature]
Looks great up there. I'm planning on going this weekend for the first time. what were you using and how were the bugs?

Thanks,
Rob
[signature]
Nice report thanks. I have always wanted to catch a grayling but never have. Maybe I could talk you into showing me these lakes and how to catch one. I just want to see one up close
[signature]
I seen nkunz when he rolled up to marjorie. I had been there a bit and was catching some grayling, and a few brookies. The horseflies and mosquito's were relentless in their pursuit of my flesh. All in all, it was a great day. Didn't really get into a huge number of fish, but we caught some, got out of the heat, and explored a good number of lakes.
[signature]
I was using a fly and bubble. I caught fish on caddis and captain. As for the deer flies I didn't think that they were to bad. I swatted a few but never got bitten. The mosquitos were only bad after the sun went down and they thought that I might get away as I hurried back to my truck. I was up east of Brighton a couple of days ago. The mosquitos were bad there. I kept thinking all day that I sure was glad the bugs were not like they were at Brighton.
[signature]
can you hike into those lakes easily or are horses the way to go? Beautiful country, thanks for the post.
[signature]
It is a 2.5 mile hike,one way. It is a reletively easy hike. I made it in about one hour, on foot of coarse, since I don't have access to any horses.
[signature]
That's not bad at all. Do you start right there by trial lake?
[signature]
Yes, its the Crystal lake trailhead.
[signature]