Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to fish for a newbie
I am new to the fly fishing scene. But I have some time off work this weekend and was thinking I wanted to go try it out. I was thinking about hitting the provo just not sure where or what to use?
any help would be great.

Thanks Joe
[signature]
Hit the middle with a size 12 olive hopper and a hares ear dropper
[signature]
Try any of the Trout streams in your area. Just get in there and do it! The biggest mistake that I see beginners make is not mending your line wnen nymphing. Don't let your fly line pull your fly through the water. Mend the line upstream so that the fly and the strike indicator are floating at the same speed. This way your nymph will go to the bottom where the fish are feeding.
If you are using dry flies, make sure you have the right fly for the weather and time of day.
Fish with Caddis flies in the afternoons and in clowdy weather.
Use a two dry fly combo if you can do it without a lot of tangles.
Try a larger dry like a Humpy or Wulff with an ant, beatle or other hard to see fly.
Use gink or other floatant on your dry flies.
Don't be afraid to try any waters just because you are a beginner. The fish don't know it![Wink]
[signature]
Go spend a day in the Uintas,any small creek you find will have fish in it,if you can pay attention to the fishing because of the beauty around you.
[signature]
I would go tho the Uintahs as well
[signature]
thanks for all the info I am hoping to get a good trip in next week for a few days. I will let you know how it goes.

Joe
[signature]