Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay
Just a quick question for all of you. I went out on the patrol boat last night to see how it looked. I have to admit it seemed like people were having fun and keeping there distance. Now the real question is when you see a boil does everyone rush over to it and start casting? The reason I ask is because I sat and watched 4 boats, along the north dike, and this is what they were doing. One guy sat behind the wheel while the other s were on the bow and the driver would speed up and stop so the bow guy could fish and then they would do it again. I must say it had to be the most humerous thing I had ever seen. I never did see them pull in a fish but it sure was fun to watch.

Also a helpful reminder, remember that after sunset your re/green bow lights and the white "360" light must be on. For the most part everyone seems to be pretty good but some just have thick heads and I must say the time is coming where just informing you could be over. Well good luck fishing to all and if you ever need a partner just let me know.

Jeff
[signature]
We were one of those boats last night. We were in the black and tan crestliner. We seen you sit over there for quite some time last night. We boated 12 wipers from the boils and the other boat that was with us boated 12 as well. They were the two guys with their shirts off. It seems to me that if you can be quick on the throttle and get to the edge of the boil and cast you can hook up at least one line. The lucky guys are the ones that motor along and have the boils take place within casting distance. It was a real hoot. We were throwing 4" white grubs into the boils. Some of those other boats out there were using top water stuff. I think we are going to hit agian tonight. I will have to look for you again. When you say you want to be a partner are you looking for someone to take you fishing? I am always looking people to take.
I haven't seen the boils happening every night that I have been out there but when they do, there are always boats that chase the boils that way. If at all possible I would rather use my electric motor and just move along as the boils come up around me, I've done better that way. WH2
[signature]
I have fished boils at Powell and Willard for many years. It is my absolute favorite type of fishing this time of year. I have not fished any other waters since May. I get quite passionate when I talk about top water fishing in boils as I see a lack of etiquette at Willard and Powell. I try to steer clear of someone who is fishing an area where fish are working the surface unless it is a wide area and i can SLOWLY come in without being to obnoxious. We are averaging 25 fish in three hours of fishing in the evenings the last couple of weeks. my mode of operation for the most part is to stay in an area where fish are working the surface and hang there and just watch. There is nothing more fun than to watch a single wiper surface and put a full size spook in the middle of the splash and WHAM fish on. there are times that I will motor as fast as I can to a boil, but I think it is so important not to encroach on other fisherman. I have found fish on top the last few weeks from one end of Willard to the other. If I am not comfortable coming in on others fishing a boil, I just go and find another. WATCH FOR THE TURNS DIVING!!!! There is enough fishing for eveyone, just use a little restraint and common courtesy. Good fishing to all.
[signature]
I fish it the same way. I find my own boils and usually sit in a likely area and watch. Alot of times i cruise around at 5 or 6 mph and the boat sets them off right in front of you. I will also be out there tonight from the south marina.
[signature]
I am planning on taking my toon and finshing the feed lot area. Stop and say hi. I'll be in a orange Trout Unlimited.
[signature]