Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard / Porcupine Trips
Yesteday, hit Willard for a few hours. No bugs were there! Started with Pat's cats and ended up keeping 4 fish 14"-16".Then, I found a little high spot west of the North Marina in 20'.It had some good marks on it so I vertically jigged with 3" curly tail and worm.Ended up with 3 walleye.I had to leave after that. Today, I fished Porcupine. Launching was very tough and mucky with the water dropping so fast.Got the boat in though and in a couple of hours kept 11 kokes 12"-14" and let 4 go.Dropped the riggers down 35' to 52' using the wht with red head triple teaser. It was another great day not to be at work![cool]
[signature]
sounds like a pretty good day on the PIG. any size to the kokes? i need to get back up there and do some R&D with some new lures
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]WHOSE cats?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Sounds like a couple of productive days! I would imagine with all the irrigation being pulled out of the pig, the water is dropping rather quickly! Hopefully the latest rain helped slow the flow a little.
[signature]
Ha Ha! I was hoping to get your attention.I ended up using the shiners from Sportsman's.They were a little like sawdust but they were better than nothing.The last time I fished Willard, all the fish were those 8"-10" fish.I knew they had to grow up someday.I want to thank you for all the info you have provided and therefore I named the fish I caught in your honor![Smile]The best thing about that day of fishing was playing hooky from work and catchin' a few at the same time.
[signature]
The amount of water coming out of the "pipe" below the dam is incredible.The force has widened the river bank.I would estimate that the shoreline had receeded 5' between the last Sunday thru Thurs. I fished it.The launching areas don't have enough time to dry so it's really muddy.But for me, the fishing was worth it!
[signature]
Remember that beginning the 15th of Aug. all Kokanee that have a red coloring must be released, so they can head upstream to make little Kokes.[cool]
[signature]
Yeah, I'm done for the year there...Next time I go up I'm gonna watch 'em go up the creek.We watched them at Strawberry last year and it was cool
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]How touching! You named a fish after me. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Up until now I could only make that claim for a sucker.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Ya wanna hook up for some fishin' sometime? PACKFAN says you are an okay guy. Don't know if I can trust his judgment but I'm willing to give it a try.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Take it easy on me Big Guy I wouldn't steer you wrong. It's getting close to the time of year when my neck begins to swell and my interests turn towards the hunting season. I hope you all have a great fall fishing and I will try to slip up to East Canyon in Oct. to try for some of the SMB in between some hunts here and in WY. Have a great day and it's been great meeting and chatting with fellow BFTR's.[Tongue]
[signature]
T.D. If you believe Packman about me, I gotta sure winning lotto ticket i'll sell ya for $50,000[Wink].Yeah, per a past post,i'd like to try a trip out to Garrison Reservoir, maybe in the fall or next spring.We'll keep in touch. Thanks!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sometime after the daytime temps drop a bit I WOULD like to hit Garrison. I recently got confirmation that there are still Sacramento perch in there, as well as channels and bullheads. Kids are catching them off the bank, with worms, so how hard could it be for a couple of "advanced" anglers like our ownselves?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I'll let you know as soon as I put that on my dancecard.[/#0000ff]
[signature]