Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got pictures of float tube backpack setups? I want to backpack my new ODC 420 I just got, but need visual advice! :)
I'm leaving for Colorado on Aug 2nd and need some advice on how to best set up my ODC 420 to backpack some trails to streams. Got any pictures, showing how you have done it? Smile Thanks
[signature]
My son has the ODC 420 too but I don't remember seeing the backpacking straps around that came with it? My other tube has one. I haven't done that long walk that you're going to be doing but I just carry it on one of my shoulders to walk about three blocks.
[signature]
Go to the following website, scroll down, and click on "pack straps." I'm pretty sure these fit the ODC 420.

[url "http://creekcompany.com/multidisplay.php?Cat=2&Cat1=8"]Creek Company Pack Straps[/url]

I've seen these in some retail outlets also. Here in Oregon we can get them at GI Joe's.

z~
[signature]
I have the creek company back pack straps for my ODC 420. They work great. There are four D-Rings on the bottom of the tube that the straps clip on to. I have packed the tube on several mile plus hikes (so nothing too long) and found that the most comfortable way is as pictured on the Creek Co. website under the ODC 420 link. Good luck on the trip.
[signature]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9779;]
[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=9780;]
[signature]
[Wink] THANK YOU! Now I get it! Smile
[signature]
[cool]Hope your trip goes well.

z~
[signature]
Thank you Mr Z Smile
You and others have been very helpful!
[signature]
How my wife and I pack it to our favorite spot.
Pump, anchor, net, food, fins, tackle and PDF all in one.
This way it's not as bulky as toting an inflated tube and I can get through tight vegitation if need be, without worrying about punctures.

Good luck.

-ABT-
[signature]
[reply]
How my wife and I pack it to our favorite spot.
Pump, anchor, net, food, fins, tackle and PDF all in one.
This way it's not as bulky as toting an inflated tube and I can get through tight vegitation if need be, without worrying about punctures.

-ABT- [/reply]

I'm not sure I get the picture with your words. Can you be more specific? How/where do you carry your tube(s)?

z~
[signature]
oops. Just realized I never Posted the pic.
Here it is.
[Image: packinit.jpg]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Forgetfulness is allowed here. We refer to it as the "Z factor".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good pic. Any idea of the total weight of your pack package?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Not sure, but I'll weigh it this weekend and let you know.
Because it is all supported on a quality backpack harness, it could be 180lbs and feel like thirty.

-ABT-
[signature]
ABT,

Thanks for the pic. It helps.

So you use a large pack, stuff the tube in and hang things on the outside and put them on top. Is that an internal framed pack or external?

TD,

Its nice to know that I'm known for something, even if I can't remember what.

z~
[signature]
All packed for my trip. Only lost $58 on exchange this year. What's the price of gas per gallon at this point? I better get to bed now and catch some "Z's".

Having just said that I hope I remembered everthing!
[signature]
[cool]Sweet dreams.

z~
[signature]
It's a North Face interna semi-rigid frame. Its packed weight is 64lbs.

-ABT-
[signature]
[reply]
It's a North Face interna semi-rigid frame. Its packed weight is 64lbs.

-ABT- [/reply]

Thanks!

z~

[signature]
Any time Z!

-ABT-
[signature]