Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I been ripped
went fishing to rock creek at the top of blacksmith fork saturday. went for my reel behind the seat of the truck...GONE![Sad] other reel GONE![Sad] loomis fly rod...Gone![Sad] fly boxes ...Gone![Sad] Why do people not have respect for others?

I still managed to fish with a tappered leader on a spin reel, talk about a workout, I could manage a 20' cast out of that. caught some pretty cutts on a blonde caddis,foam parachute ant.
[signature]
did they break in up there or somewhere else? You cannot trust anyone anymore![mad]
[signature]
Sorry to hear that James.
The World is a changin and it ain't for the good!
I hope that you can get your insurance to help.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] James I'm really sorry to hear about you being ripped off. I see that the Morons are still hard at work, the Jerks.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Dude, all I can say is that sucks! My ol man stopped at a 7/11 once when he came out someone had taken his Levis jacket off his seat. We tried to convince ourselfs that someone must have really needed it, but fishing gear! GO TO WALMART A-HOLES! it's cheap.
[signature]
It was not up there, probably out af a parking lot in the last couple of weeks.

I wish it was cheep wally world stuff... Buggers got the good stuff.

The good thing is fate,they will get theirs in the end,you get what you give.
[signature]
I know your stuff aint cheap, I ment if they want to fish and haven't got much money, don't burn someone else. There is gear that fits anyones budget.
I feel your pain, really!
You still get stuff from dealers? Not that it helps that much, but any little break takes the edge off.
Howelse is retirement treating you? Still waiting to wet a line with you.
[signature]
James:

I know you had good stuff and I hope that wasn't all the equipment you had to use that was taken, but if it was, [#0000bf]I'll be happy to loan you some OK stuff until you can replace it all.[/#0000bf]

I know how you feel, I've been on the receiving end of something like this before. NOT FUN! You said it wasn't taken while you wre fishing but sometime before that, isn't it amazing that we get so used to knowing were we keep our stuff and having it at our finger tips all the time that we take for granted it will always be there. This is onw of those sucky lessons we all have to learn. It almost sounds like who ever took your stuff knew what they were taking.
[signature]
it was a fly fisherman[unsure] the only other thing I can tell that was missing was my goose call left power tools in the front"?". thanks for the offer of gear,but after owning a store,I have gear!

we do need to hook up for that fishing trip girl! I have a three weight that is feeling neglected this summer.
[signature]
A 3wt., perfect, lets head out to Willard for some wipers LOL.
You say when you are ready, haven't used my 2 wt this summer and I got that new glass 4wt.
[signature]
Hey man,, that's the worst. Why can't people learn some respect? This guy's mistakes will catch up with him one day.

Don't know if this helps, but I noticed on craigslist (sort of a local ebay) there is a guy selling a handful of REALLY nice fly rods. I thought it was weird that he had so many, so I emailed him last week, acting interested in one of them, but asking why he was selling them. He said that he doesn't use them all anymore. But I don't know if I believe him. I think either he got a great deal on them somewhere, or they're stolen. Anyways,, there are a couple of G-loomis' in there. Ain't accusing nobody, but it might be worth a try to see if they might be yours. The specs are listed on each rod, so maybe you can recognize it. It's just that these guys that will steal that crap, usually are addicts for stealing anything.

Anyways,, go to this link:
[url "http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/"]http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org/[/url]

in the for sale section, click on "sporting goods"

then do a search for this sale number:

you will see the add I'm talking bout.

I could be TOTALLY wrong, and this may lead nowhere, but I'm sure sorry to hear you lost everything. I'm working full time and at school full time. If someone jacked all my stuff,, I'd be soooooo pissed!!!![mad] I can't even imagine what I would do.
[signature]
You're probably wrong, but it good to be observant. I got a bunch of gear from a guy that could go fishing anymore due to health issues, he couldn't walk anymore, and nobody would take him out in his family and all of his friends were long gone, he passed away a little while after I got his gear, his wife said she thought the only thing that kept him around was making sure his tools and fishing gear went to someone who would use them, he had some really nice tools, but wanted way too much for me dish out, none of the gear was great, but there was a lot of it. Rods, reels, lures, flies (some were shot, my daughter couldn't even fix them), I got one decent flyrod, 3 good poles, and a huge tackle box with mostly junk, but he said it was his most favorite outing (fishing) never did say where he liked to go.
[signature]
Thanks for the try. Not there.
[signature]
sorry to hear that news James you remember the time the green river took my new sage rod it just makes you sick anyway hope to see ya around[pirate]
[signature]
Good news on the fly rod!!!! I found it. now if I was only so lucky with the reels.
[signature]
How did you get the rod back???
[signature]