Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my toon mods
[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1]I am not sure how this is going to go. I don't have a photo editing program so I'm not ablt to resize my pictures file size, at least I don't know of a way. Let me know if there is a way. So I will just attach them.

I picked up my fish cat at a yard sale and wanted to improve and add some things so in my internet searching I found some good ideas from all over the place.

I changed the rear storage by making a 1/2" pvc frame with a 3/16" plywood board to support my battery and gear. In the left corner nearest the seat I put a 4 way so I could use it as a pivot for my transducer. With it there I can get to it if I need to.

My fish finder ( a humminbird wide 100 a $2 yard sale find) I mounted on a board so I can slide it between the frame and the bladder when I am using it. The pressure seems to hold it very firmly in place.

I have put a swivel under the seat, but I am not sure if I like that yet. When I am moving around with my fins the seat turns and becomes a bother. Haven't figured a way to make fixed straight ahead when I trying to get some where.

I like the rod racks people had made but mounting them to the toon was troubling so I cut one of the 1" T's in half drilled some holes matching the holes for the rear anchor attachment.

Originally I just went straight up with the support legs for the rod holders, but wanted more room so I did the 45 thing you see there. (A hint rather than glueing use 1" grabbers to keep it together untill every thing is where you want it.)

I will leave the center 4 ways free to rotate so when I am using the flyrod I can tilt the other rods back so I won't catch them in my backcast. I also have about 6" pieces of 1" PVC with slots cut in them to hold my fly rods more securly.

On the left side I have the arm coming out with a T on the end to hold my net, in the hope I will catch a big one some day.

For my motor mount I decide to go on the front for a couple of reasons. One to even the extra weight out between the motor and the battery and for the ease of getting to the controls and steering.
I used a heavy gauge PVC tha would slip over the end of the foot rest and cut a slot so I could slip it on over the foot rest frame and drilled 1/4" holes for the bolts. I sandwiched the PVC between plywood and used 2x4 and plywood to fill up the width of the PVC and then srewed the wood together also going throught the PVC so it would not rotate. Very easy to put on and take off. I believe I will also be using this piece for my portage wheel point of attachment.

I have used a day pack attached to the seat for extras and the side bags are removeable so I use the straps to hold my paddles in place and out of the way when I am not using them. I also have used ducktape on the straps after the buckle so they don't catch things (like my fly line).

I haven't figured out a stripping basket yet as I am not a small man and by the time I cut out a comfort section out of a storage box lid there won't be much left.

I have the attachments kind of in order of how I explained them and will be glad to clarify with more pics and explain more if necessay

Well I hope this helps and stirs up some conversation. I certanly do appreciate this site!

[/size][/black][/font] I just tried to cut and paste this message from the Float Tube section, but the pic attachments didn't come across right, so I will need to redo them when I get home tonight.
[signature]
Looks good.

I've used "Paint" to resize photos.
As far as I know "Paint" is a program that is on just about any computer that has Windows.
Here are some instructions.
1) Right click on the photo you want to resize and select "Open with", then select "paint"
2) When paint opens select "image" (found at top left)
3) On the drop down list of "image" select "Stretch/Skew".
4) In the "stretch" section change it to 50% for horizontal and vertical. You can change it to 25%, 75% or any other size depending on how small you would like it. Paint has other options you might want to check out.
5) When you are done resizing the photo, select "Save as" from the "file" drop down list. Save it as a JPEG.
[signature]
My suggestion is to download a microsoft utility called imageresizer...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downl...rtoys.mspx

It allows you to simply right click on any image file and resize it as another file..
[signature]
Hey thanks that is quite handy!! Already installed and tried it out on another picture. Can't wait till my next post.
[signature]