Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's ATFishing?
Haven't heard from him for awhile. I miss his bass fishing reports. You out there, AT? Catching any bass?

z~
[signature]
[black][size 3]Ditto ![/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]He's probably spending his time wisely and sitting on his ODC in the water with a fishing pole in one hand, a beer in the other, and just about ready to reel one in or nod off.[/size][/black]
[signature]
He is not too far from where I live. I haven't seen his pic in the obituaries (mine neither) so he must be out fishing some where.[cool]
[signature]
HE GUYS BEEN REAL BUSY AS OF LATE. BEEN WORKING ON OUR OUTDOOR KITCHEN, ALMOST COMPLETE JUST NEEDS THE STUCCO WHICH I HAVE SOME ONE ELSE DOING. 38 INCH GRILL, DUAL SIDE BURNER, FRIDGE, SINK, BAR TOP, AND BUILT IN ICE CHEST[cool].
I'LL ACTUALLY BE GONE FOR ANOTHER WEEK....LEAVING ON MY ANNUAL 2 DAY TUNA CHARTER TONIGHT AND THEN A WEEKS WORTH OF R & R. TALK TO ALL YOU KNUCKLE HEADS NEXT WEEK.

AT
[signature]
Well... I was about to ask where Fishhound and TubN2 were but poof! Suddenly they show up. You guys been just lurking? We need to get some conversation going on around here. Glad you guys aren't in the obituaries.

z~
[signature]
Alright! Good to hear from you AT. We "knuckleheads" will look forward to your story and pics from your tuna trip when you get back. Keep us posted and have a great trip.

Any more lurking no-shows out there want to weigh in to let us know that somebody is still reading this thing?

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Uhhhhhhh...pardon me for asking, but are you doing all that work on your tube...or your house. You weren't specific and the way you get going with the add-ons I couldn't be sure.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck chasin' the tooners. Oh, that's tunas. My bad. Would that be tuna as in albacore?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
An ODC 420 with a 38 inch grill, fridge, sink, dual side burners. Now that would be an add-on to end all add-ons. I can smell the steaks now. I just can't figure out how you get the stucco to stick to the PVC.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Silly you. You have to build the walls first and then put up the stucco screen on the outside. Don't you know anything about tricking out a tube?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Yeah Zonker,

[crazy]I've been just lurking lately. I'm out of town on a work assignment and have not been able to get out for fishing. So, I don't have anything interesting to post. It's been so long now that I'm afraid I may have forgotten which end of the fishing rod to hang on to when I cast. Also, what's the stringy stuff that's wrapped up on the round shiney spinney with the sharp pointy thing on the end for ?[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]However, I have been looking at all the great photos you, TD and others have posted and have been using them to get a vicarious fishing fix.[/size][/black]
[signature]
FH,

I do feel your pain. Sorry you're stuck away from the fishing grounds. I understand the vicarious fishing thing. Been doing that recently myself for the most part. Just trying to stir up a little discussion here - get something going besides silence.

How 'bout we have a fishing photo contest or send in our favorite story or ... what? Any ideas anybody?

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Let's have a designated fishing day. Go fishing or get banned from BFT.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nah. You know we would never do that (banning...not fishing).[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[size 1][#0000ff][reply]
[size 1][#0000ff]Let's have a designated fishing day. Go fishing or get banned from BFT.[/#0000ff][/size] [/quote]
[/#0000ff][font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3][pirate]Dang, I would have been banned a long time ago. Sad to say but I don't think I have touched my fishing gear in about 2 months. Luckily we have this place called BFT, where I can look at all the pretty pictures and read about others fishing trips, especially TD's his pictures are purdy. That usually gives me my quick fix, but it's just not enough to last. I think this is probably how a crack addict feels when he doesn't get enough of his stuff.[/size][/#ff4040][/font][/size]
[signature]
Maybe Tubedude's suggestion has some merit. Let's see. How would that go as I'm talking to Mrs. zonker... "I'm sorry but I have to go fishing today or I'm going to be banned." I'm afraid I would end up being banned anyway.

Apparently this non-fishing malady goes much deeper than I thought. I figured some were holding out. Here we are right in the middle of summer - in many places prime time - and nobody's fishing. Or maybe a few are fishing so hard that they don't have time to post. At least when things are locked up in ice in December some of us have a handy excuse.

Gotta get this thing fixed.

z~
[signature]
I have driven to where I might fish, like last Saturday where I went up to Anderson Ranch Res, but when I got there 4 PM it was so hot and so many rec boaters I just sat by the road, ate my lunch and worked on my fishing gear. Even had a visitor who saw my toon and came over to visit.

On the way home to Twin Falls, I went in to check out Thorn Creek res as it was to have some water this year. Talked with some bank fishermen and they had 1 for 4 hrs play time. Didn't see any rises or serious surface action but still it looked hopeful.

Did have to drive over a bunch of Mormon Crickets who thought the road was the best place to be. Never see one of them up close before. Boy howdy that would be a meal in itself.

Guess for me it's a rise early and go thing.
[signature]
IPF,

Guess I've done that before, too. Driven to the fishing place, was less than motivated when I saw the conditions and the crowd, just sat in the car until I left for home having never strung a rod. That never happened when I was younger. I used to be like a juvenile trout that would chase down anything edible and sometimes things not so edible with reckless abandon. Now I'm like that old lunker trout underneath the log who only comes out of his hiding spot for sure things. Survival? Maybe. Wisdom and prudence? Perhaps. Laziness? Much more likely.

At least you got out of the house.

[Tongue]Those Mormon Crickets must have made a squishy mess in the road if you had to run over them. They're big and juicy.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, mandatory fishing day was just an idea. I got no desire to become a correspondent in a divorce case.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]In some cases 'tis better to be banned...than "bammed".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Sorry all you guys are being deprived (depraved). I went fishing today and I'm going again tomorrow. Neener neener neener. (Watch for reports...with pics)[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Why you gotta rub it in huh??? Well hopefully I get some fishing in this weekend.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
WHAT A TRIP!!! JUST GOT BACK FROM OUR ANNUAL 2 DAY ON THE "OUTERLIMITS" OUT OF SEAFORTH (OUR 6TH YEAR, 3RD ON THE OUTERLIMITS). HAD 20 GUYS ON BOARD AND EVERYONE GOT ON FISH. MEALS WHERE GREAT AS USUAL, COMPLIMENTS TO THE COOK, THE DECK HANDS ROCKED AS USUAL AND THE WEATHER WAS GOOD.
WE HAD LIMITS OF YELLOWTAIL AND DORADO, BUT ALBIES WHERE NO PLACE TO BE FOUND. YELLOWS WHERE FIRECRACKERS TO 35# AND THE DODOS FIRECRACKERS TO 25#
1ST DAY JACKPOT WAS WON BY RAY V. WITH A 35# YELLOWTAIL .
2ND DAY JACKPOT WAS WON BY DINO S. WITH A 30# YELLOWTAIL.
ON DAY 2 WE STOPPED AT THE CORONADOS, WHERE WE PICKED UP SOME MORE YELLOWTAILS, HUGE BONITAS, SOME LOG BARRIES AND CALICOS. MY PARTNER JOE V. AND MYSELF HAD EPIC BATTLES BETWEEN MAN, YELLOWTAIL AND BEAST (SEAL) I WAS ABLE TO GET MINE IN ALMOST HOLE BUT JOE JUST GOT THE HEAD.
WELL NEED TO GO VACUUM SEAL OUR FISH AND GET READY FOR A WEEK R & R TRIP. TALK TO YOU GUYS IN A WEEK, ENJOY THE PICS

[Image: th_100_1187.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1182.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1181.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1180.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1178.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1172.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1165.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1160.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1155.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1154.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1153.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1152.jpg]
[Image: th_100_1149.jpg]
[Image: th_e3c7a942.jpg]
[Image: th_40dbed32.jpg]
[Image: th_281cf3d8.jpg]
[Image: th_acfca598.jpg]
[Image: th_eb59dace.jpg]
[signature]
Wow AT! Thats fishing! Thanks for sharing.

z~
[signature]