Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How are You Coping with High Gas Prices?
I've switched to a very small car (36 mpg when I checked). Kinda squeezy to get everything into the trunk but I manage. Using a tube is a real advantage since it fits well when deflated. I'm also pouring over the maps in search of closer venues that don't take a tank of gas for the round trip.

[inline smallcar.jpg]

I'd love to car pool with a buddy if I could find someone who could match my crazy schedule.

How are you dealing with it?

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Sorry, Z. I ain't interested in carpooling witcha.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I am sure that gas prices have been a major factor in the fishing and vacation plans for many outdoorsy folks. Along with the weather forecasts, gas prices have definitely had an influence on our fishing forays. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]At the beginning of the year I put together a target list of both waters and species. After gas prices went through the upper deck, I seriously amended my goals and will not likely visit some of the waters I had originally planned to fish this year.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]TubeBabe and I carpool all the time. But, it ain't no use trying to get her to cough up her share of the gas money. At least she is good company and her snoring helps keep me awake while driving home. (Sorry, Honey. Ouch. Ouch.)[/#0000ff]
[signature]