Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arrowrock Report
"Don't bother" would probably sum it up but here are the specifics:
On the water at 7 am yesterday. The dirt road in is so washboarded that you could yodel the entire way if you were so inclined... shallow ramp allows you to get wet whether inclined or not... Lake is surprisingly low now. Surface temp was 75 degrees.
We tried near the dam and along the rock slides for kokes/trout at various depths of 15 to 75 feet with the riggers and the leadcore pulling hoochies, e-chips, humdingers, with scented shoepeg. Koke trolls and dodgers/slingblades. Also tried crankbaits and spinners. Squawfish (pikeminnow) after squawfish; couldn't keep the little buggers off the line. One smallmouth about a pound.
Went up the south fork arm to the end. Thick with smallmouth; all about a pound; one maybe pound and a half.
Out of the water at 1pm. Yodeled all the way back along the washboarded road.
However, we did see a bald eagle take one of the smallmouths and saw a couple of osprey cruising . Beautiful boat ride. All in all a very nice day on the water. Grandson had fun with the smallmouth. They hit about everything; spinners and crankbaits.
To summarize: about 30 squawfish; ten to fifteen smallmouth.
[signature]
Kodiak: Yes, a blade over that Arrowrock road once every few months might make the trip bearable. Dry and dusty as well.
Haven't fished L.P. but probably will early Tues. or Weds. morning. Solar/Lunar tables look better this coming week than last.
I'll be trying more lead core rigs as well as downriggers; deeper overall. Surfaces temps have been running 75 degrees or so. The area across from Spring Shores and near the dam have been my best results. Trout mainly along the rock slides opposite Spring Shores and Kokes down in the dam area. Wish IDFG could thin out the pikeminnows. Saw one guy throwing them up on the shore each time. On my Arrowrock trip everytime I hadn't had a hit in over 5 minutes I knew I had a small Pikeminnow on my rig.
I'll post after my L.P. trip. You planning on trying L.P.? Burt.
[signature]