Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hitting the lake tonight
As soon as I get out of the office for the day. 2 of my buddies and I are going out in my boat to try for some walleyes. We are going to a lake called Ely Lake, which is in northern MN. I will be back in the morning with a full report.

Is anyone else going tonight or have any reports from the last week?
[signature]
Well the 3 of us went out last night to catch some walleyes. We didn't get any walleyes, but we didn't catch alot of fish and had alot of fun. I was using a green/orange floating jighead with a couple of splitshots 2 feet up the line and a half of a nightcrawler. (remember this was walleye fishing), I caught 6 largemouth bass, 2 smallies, 3 rockbass, 1 crappie, 8 sunnies/bluegill. Both of my buddies were using lindy rigs with crawlers and combinded they caught 1 largemouth, 4 rockbass, and 24 sunnies.(Including one of the biggest sunnies I have ever seen in my life, 45 feet of water[cool] trolling across a bay to the other shoreline.) I was almost sure it was a "eye" coming from that far down tugging hard.

I think I am going out again tonight and hopefully I will have walleyes in my report tommorow.

Ryan
[signature]
I have some reporting to do, been a busy week, so here are some fishing reports.

We did go out on Ely lake the next night from my last post. 2 or us using the same rigs caught 2 walleyes 18 and 21 inches along with 6 small mouth bass, a few rockbass, and 30+ sunnies. so it was fun and a little bit more productive.

Then Saturday we went to one of the more popular lakes in MN, Lake Vermillion. Lets just say it was worth the drive. 3 of us started fishing at 3 pm and were off the lake by 5:30 with our limit on walleyes. We were fishing #5 deep diving shad raps in an area of 10' flats. In that 2.5 hours we caught 19 walleyes including 12 keepers between 15 and 17 inches. (Vermillion has a 17-26 inch slot this year with a limit of 4 per person) Also we caught 2 big northerns 31 and 33 inches. Also some small perch.

Sunday, My dad and I went up and started fishing at 1pm, it was a real windy clear day so the fishing wasn't quite as good. Still we started off trolling the same rapalas with a little bit of success. We caught 5 and kept 3 in about 3 hours. So we decided to try to anchor on a reef on the edge of the flats and bobber fish with slip bobbers. (good decision) After an hour and alot of fish in the boat, we had our 8 keeper walleyes and managed 2 jumbo perch (about 13 inches a piece) We also caught and threw back 9 smallmouth bass.

I am going back out on Ely lake tonight and hitting up Vermillion all weekend, I will be back monday with another report.

Ryan
[signature]
2 of us went out fishing friday night on Ely lake. We trolled around with leeches on lindy rigs. We caught 2 walleyes, 6 largemouths, 7 smallmouths, a couple of rockbass, and at least 30 sunnies. It was a good fun time.

Has anyone else been out lately that would like to report any info?
[signature]