Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report, Boston's North Shore, 6/22-24
On Tuesday 6/19, North Shore Charters had the pleasure of taking out Charlie Moore and the NESN film crew of "Outdoors with Charlie Moore". Weather was beautiful, seas were flat calm and the fish were biting. It was a great day for filming a show! We used one of our boats as the base for the film crew and fished from the other. That day brought a lot of top water action with good sized bass taking live macs on the surface for the cameras. While the largest fish of the day was only 36", we caught numerous fish in the 32-35" range on light tackle. From the film footage taken, this promises to be an interesting show on striped bass fishing in the north shore of Boston.<br><br> Macs continue to be readily available for those that are willing to put in the time to find them or have the patience to wait for them to show up. However, this will not be the case for long. Once the bluefish show up in force, the macs will become more and more scarce.<br><br> Friday mornings charter brought several 25 lb plus fish to the boat, the largest being a nice 42" fish that was released. Again, numerous fish in the 28-32" size range were being caught.<br><br> Saturday mornings trip had good fishing action and plenty of fish but I could not find a fish larger than 32" on live macs. Only after I depleted my mac supply and began chunking on the incoming tide that we tied into some larger fish. Within 10 minutes of setting up a chum line, we had several larger fish in sight feeding off the stern of the boat. First to take the offerings was a 36" fish followed by several more fish in this size range with the largest being 38".<br><br> Sunday's mornings trip was more of the same. Numerous fish in the 30-33" class with the largest of the day being 34". The four anglers that I had on board caught at least 5 keepers each and had a great time.<br><br> Hopefully, things will pick-up this week. The early morning low tides we had this weekend, which were 1.2 to 1.4 feet lower than mean low because of the moon phase, meant we couldn't fish in many of the shallow water areas we usually like to fish. It also brought heartache to several boaters. I've talked to four people that "found the bottom" this weekend with their lower units.<br><br><br>Capt Dave, North Shore Charters