Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard sat.8-05
Went out early saturday with one of my buds. We shot out of the south marina and headed south. We saw plenty of boils. We caught a few. mostly we kept catching cat fish. At least we didn't get skunked.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] How far South did you go, what lure were you using , how fast were you trolling, what was the water temp? details man, we need details. LOL[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFdan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
sorry, temp 74.4deg., 2.5mph, out of the south marina the boils just kept shifting south west, we were 16 to 21 feet of water. we caught a few nice wipers some in the 5lbs range, but what suprised us the most was the cat fish action and there size.big honkin cats. I forgot my camera along with a few other things. but all in all it was great.
[signature]
5lbs is a sweet wiper, way to go for gettin into them. The water temp has gone down with the storms and cooler week of weather. That is as much as 6 degrees colder than a week ago in that strech. 83 was the norm with a cool pocket of 80 near the NW corner.
Were you dragging bait or lures? Kitties will hit lures but if you start catching them near boils they are probably feeding on bits and chunks that filter down below the wipers, you might want to switch to bait. You cannot posess shad, but I think you can use frozen shiners coated with shad spray.
[signature]
I was draggin split back lures, a rattle trap or two.
[signature]