Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 8-6-06
Fished the berry today from 7:00am-1:00pm over at the ladders area. We didn't waste any time getting on the fish. With in minutes we located a large hungry school that was hanging out in 35'-40' of water. We droped pearl white tube jiggs down to them and started hooking up right from the get go and it never did let up. About 1:00pm a thunder storm started to move in so we called it a day. Ended up boating over 80 fish between two of us. Only one over the slot and 1 rainbow. Not too bad of a day for 6 hours of fishing, it was the best day of catching so far this year.
[signature]
Great report Mike. Sounds like great day and you didn't have to waste most the day finding them! Good work!
[signature]
Sounds like a great day on the water Mike. We caught about the same quantity on Saturday, but it took us a little longer to get the job done.
[signature]
Good on ya Mike. Sounds like a great day, other than the storm shutting you down early. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
MGB, great news on the fishing. I am happy to hear they are still active and biting. I really need to get with you sometime and learn the secret with the tubes. I am going to get my kick boat up there this week. Can I get to the area you were in with an electric motor. I have a fishing buddy on the boat and I think I could locate the school if I can get to it. Send me a PM if you think I can get to the area you have had good luck in. And, let me know when you need another person to share gas. I am very flexible with work and on Saturdays. Carry on King of the strawberry cuts.
[signature]
I was also a Strawberry on Sat. I did not have the luck Mike did even though I was fishing less than 50' from him for a while. talk about frustrating[mad][mad][mad]. I took my brother in law out (he realy doesn't do the lake fishing thing) hoping to get into a school, we did get into a few fish but nothing like MGB.
[signature]
[size 1]"I did not have the luck Mike did even though I was fishing less than 50' from him for awhile. talk about frustrating[mad][mad][mad]. "[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]Don't feel like the Lone Ranger I have been there done that with Mike more than I want to admit.[/size]
[signature]
Hey Mike,
Good report. I was up there on Saturday. I took my mom and dad with me along with my family in the big family boat. We launched in the fog and threaded our way thru the lost souls with the GPS! We only fished about 4 hours over by mud creek and ended up with 18 fish, with one (my mom!) a 24" 5 pounder! It made her day!
We fished in 42 feet of water using white or green tubes. The fish were mostly at the 35 foot level. Attached is the pic of my mom with her fish! By the way, I love my rubber net. Being out with you and using yours made me a believer! So much easier to release those fish with the rubber net!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
I was also out there all day Saturday fishing. We trolled for a little while only catching a couple small cutts.

We tried vertical jigging near the east shore east and a little north of the main marina. We were marking fish all over the place, down 15 feet, 35-40 feet, and sometimes down at 50 or so feet. They were thick down there at times, but we never could get a single hit.

We were hoping to find Kokanees, and the ones down 35-50 feet we thought might be them (we were in 84 feet of water), but they may have been cutts.

We vertical jigged kastmasters, spinners, jakes, and several other lures tipped with smelly jelly with absolutely no luck.

It might have been technique (I've never vertical jigged before). It might have been location. It might have been time of day. All I know is, they were not biting. We did end up with 2 hits that never stuck and that was it.

Any ideas what we did wrong?
[signature]
Its hard to say what you did wrong. Its no different than ice fishing. If its 11:00am or later you have to keep your jig tight to the bottom and not higher than 1' off the bottom always hold your pole and have a feel for light bites.

Chinook, if you can help out with the gas you are welcome to join me anytime. I will contact you next time I have some room.
[signature]