Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2005 DWR fish stocking report (historical data)
I now have the 2005 DWR fish stocking report (historical data) up as well as the 2006 report.

The complete year's fish stocking info. is posted there.

The url is:

[url "http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/dwr/2005stockingreport.php"]http://www.utahfishinginfo.com/dwr/2005stockingreport.php[/url]

For those of you wondering about stocking of other species such as bluegill, perch, bass, etc. it looks like several of those species were stocked in several places last year.

Enjoy!
[signature]
wow did i read that right?

15000 chub planted in Mona springs? why? i thought the DWR did NOT plant bait?????????? and if so why did they not do the same thing for starvation????

intrsting to me was the smallmouth planted in Otter Creek tho..

and 18,0159 rainbow trout planted in yuba????

still wondring WHY they are planting trout in a lake that was supose to be a walleye fishery??
why not be planting say WALLEYE???????????
[signature]
Ron, those chub planted in Mona Springs I believe were a native endangered species, either the Least Chub or Leatherside Chub. I could not determine the exact species from the data given to me, so I just labeled them as Chub.

It is similar to the June Suckers that they have been planting in Utah Lake. They are federally obligated to try to reintroduce and recover their numbers.

As for the rainbows in Yuba, they said at the time that it was temporary until the walleye fishery could pick back up again to give people something to fish for there until the walleyes were restablished.

What is really weird though is all the Tiger Trout they put in there this year. The perch have made a comeback now, so you'd think it would be time to put back the walleye. Maybe they plan on waiting for natural recruitment only. Seems like the pike there have gotten a better hold than the walleye now.
[signature]
oh ok that would clear the chub thing up some then.. lol

but as for yuba if the perch are makeing a good comeback then why put a predetor in that will be eating them along with the pike, and walleye?

it would reasure me a lot more if they would at lest put 400 or 500 walleye in there just to show they are serious about keeping it a walleye fishery!
[signature]
I'm with you.
[signature]
you hit it right on the head... no walleyes. just trout. we are in utah. no dout!!!!! the dwr rely swallows. just like them chease sluppin trout. man im sick of all the lies and deceat they feed the public.... their actions speak alot louder than their tall tells about what they are doing. well looks like its going to be up to bb,s to restock it. get to work guy,s!!!!!! and while your at it throw some lakers in da berry. o waht a dreamer i am. lol
[signature]
The chubs in Mona Springs are least chub and, yes, they are stocked for conservation, not sportfishing.
As for Yuba: I worked for the DWR Central Region for three years, so I can give you a little explanation on that. The plan is to let the walleye come back on their own--they don't even have a source for walleye because they don't purposefully stock them anywhere. The perch-walleye fishery here was such a boom-bust system before that they are being cautious with the comeback of the walleye. Don't worry, they'll be back soon enough.
In the mean time, trout are being stocked to provide a fishery. And, as other members of this forum will attest, the trout fishery is a pretty great "fill-in". Yuba, at present, is one of the premier trout fisheries in the state--and they're not you're run-of-the-mill urban pond tWinkies. These are some quality fish. The tiger trout are just another attempt to grow some large fish for the interim. They grow fast and are a highly catchable sportfish. As far as putting pressure on the perch--trout generally don't like spiny food. They're more likely to chase the minnows that abound in the lake. Even so, the numbers are not nearly enough to put any pressure on the perch--even if they do eat a few.
So quit complaining and go enjoy some high-quality trout fishing while it lasts. You're boom-bust walleyes will be back soon enough.

Also, it's bad form promoting bucket biology--even Tongue-in-cheek. We've beat that issue to death before.
[signature]
Thanks for the clarification. I'll make the change on the report to show that they are Least Chub.
[signature]
How much would it cost the DWR to ask some nice fishermen to go up to say Starvation and catch say 400 or 500 Walleye and put them in one of there trucks and take them to YUBA?

i'll foot the bill if it's to much for them to handel!
[signature]
The Walleye can't return SOON enough for me!!!!!
You can't keep the Pearch off now so the food source is there.
Both --Table Fare At It's Finest
[signature]
id say thanx butt. its moore dwr bull. and the boom and bust is water levles not the eyes. god i hate how some people just dont under stand that no water means no bait fish. and high water means abundant bait fish. its just that simple..... blame water conditions people.
[signature]
good point Crossingeyes..

butt let's not forget the 98% carp bio mass that was in the lake at the time of the last perch crash!

carp are just as bad as chub at pushing all the other fish out of a lake.. and they thrive in drout years!

in all the years i fished YUBA the perch have been big fat and strong in the lake! and that would be 30 years now for me.. in that 30 years i have never seen or heard of a perch crash there tell the DWR decided to drain the lake!

i'm sure the carp had alot to do with the crash of the lake as well..
[signature]
Aw come on Ron,, we both know that Yuba sucked as a Eye fishery and those bitty eyes never will amount to much. Who ya trying to BS?? [Wink]
[signature]