Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Bass on Flies????
I have been catching a lot of white bass lately and I thought it would be fun to try using a fly. Any advise as to fly fishing for bass and and suggestions as to which fly to use. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Mike
[signature]
if you have been catching a lot of white bass in a area this year.. then fly fishing the same area would be your best bet.. there are a lot of fly's you can ues to catch white bass.. with all the miges's around there that would be a good one to start with and has worked for me in the past..

piastal pets in white, brown, chartreuse,and black have worked in the past as well.. most any small minnow imitation will work good to!!

with white bass in agrasive feeding mode most anything you put in frount of them they will hit just because..
[signature]
Mike, I'd try some white streamers...

Randy
[signature]
I may sound crazy but I've caught white bass on power bait also! I got bored and we started throwing anything just to see what would work, and we pulled in a 10"er on power bait!
[signature]
I'm going to try near the Lindon Boat Harbor tonight. I have mostly fly-fished for trout in my life, but I've come to love fishing for bass and sunfish at Deer Cr/Jordanelle/Pelican. Utah Lake has thus far eluded me (I've only tried one other time this year). I'm only five minutes from the harbor, too. I plan to stay relatively small (size 8-14) black, brown, or olive woolly buggers unless I see some top action. I use clear-camo line that sinks a foot every ten seconds, so it's real slow. Hopefully tonight, I become a BFT blooded Utah Lake fisherman.
[signature]
I'm also about five minutes away from Lindon Boat Harbor and may go out tonight. I'll be on the lookout for a fly fisherman.
hey when are we gonna go fishing? Randy and I were catching them on fly's in the lindon boat harbor a while back. I was having the best luck on anything with white in it,
jed
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I've caught lotsa whities on flies. They work on fly rods, bubble and fly and especially on a "drop shot" rig...with a split shot on the bottom and two dropper flies up above...about 1 foot and 3 feet from the sinker. Just cast out, let sink to the bottom and then jig and reel back in. Works better on clean bottom areas.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Almost any fly will work. Streamers in white, black or purple are best. However, you can use a lot of the "hot colors" too. Here is a pic of some of the better patterns for whities...and wallies too.[/#0000ff]
[signature]