Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willards wierd ways
Hit Willard last night with D'mack and Cadresults. After about a hour of trollling with no results we decided to do some bird chasing. We were all using relatively the same lures (except I guess mine had a "Cat fish only" sign because I couldn't catch anything but the nasty little critters) D'mack caught (4) of the biggest wipers I've seen come out of there, ranging from 19 1/2" to 21". It just always amazes me three people doing basically the same thing can get such different results.
Thanks for ride Jason it was great meeting you.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Sounds like a nice but yet another typical hard to figure Willard fishing trip. Just curious ... what lures/tactics were used to catch the four wipers? I am assuming that "bird chasing" meant that you were using top water lures? Did you get them in all the same general area?[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
We were up and down the west Dike casting into the rocks. The wipers were caught on a... I can't think of the name but it was basically a silver crocidlile.
They were hitting the second it hit the water.
[signature]
Tom,

It was great meeting you and your Bro-in-Law.
We will have to get out again and see if we can't
redeem ourselves. My summer is about over, and
my Willard fishing will soon be coming to an end. If
you want to get out again, let me know.

Jason
[signature]
Thanks for the boat ride Jason. It was a fun evening. I hope it works out that we can get out there again soon.

Dave.
[signature]
I've fished with D-Mack (and his hard-luck "my reel is busted/we're out of beer/are we there yet/these flies suck/what's for lunch/which way did they go/there's no fish in this lake/where's the stinkin' powerbait/this 'toon won't hold air and we're going down fast" brother-in-law) before and he certainly catches his share.

I'm not sure if it's because he smells like a fish, thinks like a fish, looks like a grandaddy lingcod, or has finny relatives somewhat more descendant on the foodchain than the rest of us...

But he does OK!!!

Let's hook up, and bring the hard luck-kid with you (we can stick him for the gas - he still owes me for the whoop-dee flies!!!).

W2D
[signature]
ROFLMFAO!
[signature]
Too Funny!

He's still upset about that antique self-winding fly reel that "exploded" at Strawberry.

I get a kick out the sound those propeller flies make when he casts. It's like a model airplane convention gone bad......

P.S. I resemble the ling cod comment. That's below the belt.
[signature]
That trip was memorable, driving up Weber canyon, the weather, the conversation, the beer, and if you were really quiet you could even hear the sobbing sheep on the hill side
"Sco-o-o-o-tie uwe said uwed c-a-a-l-l-l-l" [sly][sly][sly]
[signature]