Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta's/Pass Lake 8/10
Left Roy at 7:30 am and headed for Mirror Lake Hwy. Got to Pass lake at about 10 am after a sick little boy(too much oj and breakfast burrito) and a couple stops.

Fish rising and frolicking about en-mass. We set up the poles and started casting a fly and bubble combo. Hooked up immediately but the fish got off. A half hour later nothing but hits and brief hook-ups.

Some fellers next to us asked if we would like a couple flies since they couldn't beat the fish off.[cool] We graciuosly accepted and we ended up with about 35 or 40 fish for the day. Probably missed 60 hits too. [Sad][Sad]Cooked some hot dogs right next to the water and and enjoyed the views of Baldy and the peace of the mountains. Yper had some trouble keeping his line in 1 piece and lost 6 or 7 casting bubbles and flies. Oh well. Dime a dozen!

We also saw a nanny and billy mt. goat on the side of Baldy.

We left at 5 pm and had a hot valley waiting for us when we got home.[crazy]

The flies the fellers gave to us were called "corn pushers". A small leach pattern with a yellow bead at the eye and ice chinelle in black for the body with a pinch of black maribou for the tail. We didn't want to leave! Here are some pics. One pic is a squirrel that wouldn't leave Gage alone. He had to fallow and watch him with my $$$ digital cam.[shocked][shocked] It doesn't leave my neck now!
[signature]
Looks like a great day with your boy. I take it you didn't make the hike to Marjorie.
[signature]
Nope. Had nobody else that wanted to go. I'm going by myself in 2 weeks. One last blast before huntin season starts.
[signature]
Check with me then. I might be able to make it.
[signature]
Nice pictures.
I love the pictures of the little guys fishing.
I wish I had my grandson and granddaughter here to take fishing.
It is always a good day when the kids are with you.
[signature]
lh2 - I wanted to go but couldn't make it.[Wink] I'm sure you had more fun with the boy, breakfast burrito gut bomb and all, anyway. Pass Lake is a great place for family fishing.
Let me know when you're hikin' in to Marjorie Lake and I'll see what I can do.
[signature]
thanks for the report brody. tell me the truth your son caught all the fish and yper got skunked[Tongue]
[signature]
[reply]
Nope. Had nobody else that wanted to go. I'm going by myself in 2 weeks. One last blast before huntin season starts. [/reply]
Labor day weekend? I'm planning on going to marjorie then as well, probably that sunday, just a day hike in.
[signature]
I am not sure of my work schedule yet, but if i can go on a weekend i will let you know. If it is a normal schedule it will be during the week.
[signature]