Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
crow wing/partrige rivers 8/12/06
ok had to give it a try this morning only caught 2 eyes in the crow wing..
had to go over trees and sand bars..
we are getting a little rain tonight but i'm thinking it's just a little to late for the crops around here....
i did take a few pic's just to show how low the water is up here..
put in here.
[Image: Photo_7.jpg]
just to go around the corner to find this
[Image: Photo_8-1.jpg]
then after the trees across the river it was time to fish the first hole or at least i thought it was a hole till i started to fiash it and found it was only 4-5 feet deep..
[signature]
[Tongue] I just saw 2 trees fighting over a dog today !!!
[signature]
I saw a 1-eyed dog today! It was an Old Yeller type full grown puppy. Came to watch us fishing. Then it started bringing us sticks to throw for it.
[signature]
The lakes and rivers are so low up here, even the rain we have been getting lately doesn't seem to be helping. Hopefully we can get a significant amount of rain before it gets cold, and I would prefer it didn't come while I am hunting.[Smile]
[signature]
Same in these parts although the lake that's just around the corner is actually higher now than it was 3 weeks ago. But the river's are low!! I was fishing where the Crow River meets the Mississippi. Had a little northern playing with the lures then a trio of guys came and started throwing corn out. So much for fishing without the interferance of carp!
[signature]