Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to save a watershed, need help & advice...
We have a wonderful bass fishing watershed that is being mis-managed we believe and we're trying to get the head of DNR in our state to replace the manager for the site with someone who doesn't manage the property soley for duck hunters.

The water levels are dangerously low during the hottest part of the year, and the park manager cites waterfowl nesting as the reason...there are very few ducks and only 20 or so geese that I've ever seen on the property - the property is over 2000 acres of wetland.

The group of fishermen I'm with in protesting how the property is managed is in need of advice from someone who understands watershed management and waterfowl management.

If you're that person, please contact me.
[signature]
[font "Poor Richard"][green][size 3]Hi there fish_a_holic - do you have any local/regional organizations such as Trout Unlimited, CalTrout etc but one that would be dedicated to the welfare of the bass species. If so then they would be a natural for you/your group to contact them and explain the problem that you all have encountered. Your local newspaper sport section editor might also be interested in your story. Good luck.[/size][/green][/font]
[signature]
Unfortunately, our local newspapers have very little interest in supporting the fishing industry and/or the fishing enthusiasts in our area, which is ridiculous considering that we have some of the finest trout and salmon fishing in the Nation, right here in NW Indiana...Lake Michigan produces quality trout, salmon, and smallmouth fishing on a regular basis.

Thanks for your ideas though, I've contacted someone in pond management who has contacts with people of the level of expertise we're in pursuit of.
[signature]