Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brownlee 8-11
We fished it for several days starting on the 11th. We did catch a few crappie in the 11 inch range, but nothing worth bragging about. We also caught a bunch of bluegill on crank baits which was kind of fun in a bizzare way. The high light would have been this big carp that almost spooled me on 10lb test, what a fight.
[inline carp1.jpg]

The night time dock fisherman seemed to do pretty good jigging for crappie, perch and bluegill. We didn't get any catfish, but they seemed to be the main target in big numbers for now. The bass bite was pretty good like always and we did manage a few nice ones on cranks around the gravel beaches. From what people were saying, the fishing was a little better at Oxbow Reservoir.
[signature]
EZOP,

Sounds like a good trip for you considering all the warmer weather we have been experiencing. I am curious as too what types of crankbaits you were tossing at the Bluegill? Them darn'd ol' Carp are fun to wrestle with once in awhile>
[signature]
The blugill kept slamming a deepdiving jointed crankbait, color was a largemouth bass image. I believe it may have been a rapala. The lure is about 3 inches long and the fish ranged from 6" to 9". I think they were just mad at it and were slamming the lure, but who knows, I just wanted a giant one.
[signature]