Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Catfish!
I decided to hit Willard yesterday evening for a little Catfish / Wiper action. I only found one of the two but the Catfish showed up in force. About every cast out, I had a cat on the hook. All of the fish were nice sized too, between 18" and 3 lbs! All the catfish came on worms and one was even caught on a red/white crappie jig. I put the crappie jig on after I landed a nice sized crappie on a worm. It was the only one I caught. All fish were release for someone else to catch.

The bugs weren't bad until the sun went down and then they came out in force. Some how they found the one inch I didn't cover with spray!

Wood Shampoo
[signature]
Were you fishing from a boat, toon or the shore.
[signature]
I was fishing from my floattube.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice going. Sorry you couldn't get the wipers to play but glad the kitties kept you busy. They pull pretty good, don't they?[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Nice job! The catfish are very active right now... The last 5 times TD and I have been out we've caust at least a dozen each time. [Smile]
[signature]
Great job!! You can easily catch them from shore or a boat. We were fishing on the south shore along the rocks. Using a bobber with about 8 feet of leader, from the shoreline, you will catch them.

If you have kids take them. My kids had as fun catching them as any other fish.
[signature]