Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah Lake 8/22
I headed to Lindon Boat Harbor last night after work. Finally got to the harbor about 6. I couldnt believe that there were not that many people there and then about 10 mins people started to show up. I started out fishing with a curly tail jig and nothing. I didnt have any worms so i was hopeing to catch one and use it as bait. I was fishing inside the harbor on the south side by some trees. After about an hour I moved to the lake shore along the rock and tried using a white bead head bugger. It worked for the little ones up against the rock. After i caught the little one I cut a piece off and put it on the bugger and back over to the harbor. First two cast I caught 6 inch White bass. and then that was it. I had a couple more little ones but nothing to exciting. I did mangage to hook into a large mouth that was about 8 inch. I was very surpised and was excited because i have never caught a large mouth in utah lake. Anyways it was nice to get out and wet a line but the fishing was not that great.
[signature]
Yeah, I went to Lindon Boat Harbor on Monday evening just as the sun was going down and had a similar experience. After all the glowing reports about Utah Lake being "on fire" for white bass, I thought it would be easy to catch a bunch. That was not the case. We fished inside the harbor and on the lake side of the dike with absolutely no results. We used jigs and worms and didn't get any bites. The other people there had about the same success. One guy had caught two two-inchers in two hours. What were we doing wrong?
[signature]