Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back From Rhode Island
Spent 10 days in my Fat Cat down in Rhode Island with my good friend. We had a blast. Bob specialized in catching Yellow Perch while I concentrated on the 10" Bluegills. I caught them on top and on nymphs. I got them in 2 feet of water under overhanging shoreline vegetation and I got them suspended 4 or five feet down in 20 feet of water. These little guys were an absolute delight to catch. Every once in a while the perch and bluegill parade would be interrupted by 3 or 4 pound largemouths and 2 pound "smallies". I also got a few Chain Pickerel.
[inline "The Lay Of The Land.jpg"]
Had an adventure with the seams splitting on my 6 year old Fat Cat but I was able to sew it up and carry on. Here's some pictures for your perusal.

Shoreline Bluegill

Laying the perfect sidearm flycast under the branches and having a 10" 'gill smashing the spider was an absolute delight!

[inline "Cast Under the Branches.jpg"]

The Prize

[inline "The Quarry.jpg"]

More to Come
God Bless,
Don
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice report and great pics. Glad the Suzy Homemaker stitching job held up for you. Maybe you have found a new vocation...tube stitcher.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That is really pretty country. Even more so when the fall colors come on.[/#0000ff]
[signature]