Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 8/25 afternnoon
Me and a coworker got out yesterday afternoon,left the N marina around 1:45 PM looking for biols,didn't have to look far, motored out of the marina looked to my left and right on the north marina dike there was a huge biol right off the tree line,put down the electric and we put 17 fish to the boat in a 45min period,and alot of long line realeses and short strikes too, it was wild,well the fish moved from the area,and I said it was time to go searching,we motored towards the north dike and just as we got past the piont with all the trees sticking out of the water near swim beach another biol started near the tree line in the back of the bay,got in close dropped the electric motor and in 1 hour we boated 23 fish,I thought for sure this was to much to be true as the biol just kept coming up every few minute close to the are last location,as the fish moved out toward deeper water we just kept moving out with them,tell we couldn't catch them anymore,we took a breather and watched to see if there would be a repeat but it didn't happen,after a half hour we took a ride out to the west dike ,light pole area to troll a bit,we got one fish on the north dike just past the light pole,that long line realeased,we took off from there and went over to the SE corner,There was alot of shad in the area the birds where diving like crazy but no sine of any surface action,we trolled for about an hour and got no bites so back to the NE end,we got there just in time for a few small biols strait out in front of the N marina,they didn't last long and we both caught a few,we went back to the bay and caught about 10 more with a mix of two 14" smallies and a nice 18" catfish my buddy caught.it was slow until the sun was going down, and the power squadren settled down,in the last hour of the day we boated another 24 wipers.
This will be one trip I wont forget for a long time.
[Wink]
Lure was the blue back prism shad with the modified tail.
by the end of the day I had changed out three split rings and to front hooks on are lures,then wiper can really beat up your equipment.
later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
Way to go Tony . I have yet to fish a boil . I better find some time for them .
[signature]
Sure sounds like an amazing outing! Nice report.
[signature]
Great report Tony, it's the best I've read all year. Wiperslayer and I were also out there Friday but we never made it to the N/E corner.
When we arrived at 9am we started out at the island and after trolling around that area for a while, with no luck, we headed to the light pole. The plan was to troll to the S/W corner and if we didn't catch anything, we were going to the East side and then head North. We started catching fish about halfway down the dike and we ended up staying there until we left around 4:30. We saw several boils but they only lasted a few minutes, we ended up catching 17, most were 18 to 20 inches. Sure is good to see the wipers boiling again, they are getting fat with all that food. What time did you get to the S/W corner?
[signature]
Dang! Nice report. Gotta get back there to get into the boil action. [Smile]
[signature]
WOW! Thats some steady action. Did I understand you right 17+23+10+24=64 is that right? Its been awhile since I've been to willard guess I need to give it another try. Great report.
[signature]
Thats right MGB,this time of year with the fish following the shad schools and the shad trying to find some cover so they dont get eatin,the only place on the lake is where the flooded vegetaion is,I didn't try over on the east side between the N marina and the southeast corner,but I would bet there all along the east side.we caught fish all the way back into 2'-3' of water,the fish spooked really bad when we got back in there and would start moving out into deeper water,we would just follow them out.
I am trying to get out right now,this time I wont forget my camera,I missed out on some great pic's.
fnf
[cool]
[signature]