Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pontoon fish finder
Ok I have a question about fish finders... I have a Bottom Line fishing buddy 2202 that I use on my pontoon boat... I have taken it to strawberry several times and have not been able to get it to work right... the first one I got would not show me any deeper than 3 feet regardless of how deep i was.. it would simply switch from 2.8 feet to 3 feet... I took that one back and they gave me a new one.. I turn this one on as i leave the shore and it works fine for about ten minutes... it shows me going from about 3 feet to about 40 feet, where I have been fishing... then all of a sudden it shows me at 4.8 feet and stays there for the rest of the trip ( usually a few more hours)... I have never been able to see a fish.. I have adjusted the gain and turned of the SCC.... is there another unit that is better?? I am really considering taking this one back and upgrading to something else... any help would be great..
[signature]
Hi AJ,

Sounds like maybe you got another lemon. On the auto settings it should work right out of the box. I have an older Buddy II and have never had a problem with it. I've had it for over ten years.

There are better fish finders out there. What you'll give up is the side finder function of the buddy if you switch. All except the latest Buddy Finders have a 9 degree transducer cone which isnt' very effecient for looking down.

Click on [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Float_Tube_Fishing_C66/Float_Tubing_General_F81/BEST_OF_THE_BEST_P184642/"]this link[/url] and scroll down to the sonar section. All the info you'll ever need.

zonker
[signature]
[black][size 3]Hey ajensen83,[/size][/black]
[black][size 3][/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Either you got another lemon or they just ain't makin them like they used to. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Like zonker, I have an older one (a 22?? something or other) and also like him, I have not had any problems with it. I use it on my float tube and pontoon boat.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]There certainly are a lot of fish finders out there that you can get for about the same amount of money that are as good as or better than the "Buddy". Although I have fish finders that are far more sophisticated than the Bottom line, I still find myself using it a lot - I even bring it on my boat to use in conjunction with my other sonar.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]As you are probably aware, the 'Buddy" does have some nice things about it - among those being; portability, simplicity and the Side Finder. Mine also has water temp, a compass, and 360 degree memory read out screen for the side finder.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3]If your's is having issues, I would definitely bring it back to the store from whence it came and get it replaced or maybe see if you could get credit on a different fish finder. [/size][/black]
[black][size 3]Check out zonker's link - if you have not already. There are a lot of sonars available that will work excellently on a pontoon boat with just the minimal amount of customization to mount them.[/size][/black]
[black][size 3] [/size][/black]
[signature]