Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard last night
Well with all the action I got on friday night I had to make another trip up,Got on the water around 3:00 pm and motored out looking for some kind of action,Found none in the location I fished on friday,I knew it was going to be different with no terns flying or diving much,I fished all around the lake trying to find some active fish,but found none,We ended back at the north end right before dark and got five out of a small biol,There was three boats in the same area but on the other side of the piont,they didn't even see use catching fish so we had it to ourselfes,I didn't see them catch anything,I was wondering if they where BFTers because they worked the area over pretty good with jigs.
I must have hit it perfect on friday before the cold front came in,right place right time,got love when that happens.
Wednesday is looking like a good day for a repeat performance,we have another front moving in Wednesday night.
Added a few pics,wifes cousin with few wipers.
[cool]
[signature]
Right place,right time,with a front moving in.Nice job!Starting to try and fish that way at Jordanelle
[signature]
Yup ... that's Willard for ya. What works one day don't always work the next. Probably a good thing or it might get borring.

Fool, you sure are working that pond hard these days. And thanks for sarring your posts every time.
[signature]
I appreciate it coot,I try to post everytime I go,good or bad catching.
later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
So I decided to try willard today 8-28-06... I had never been there before... I headed up from South Jordan about 1530 and was on the water about 1700... I went to the north marina and launched my toon from the picnic tables on the southeast side.. I fished for about an hour with nothing.. then i caught two catfish.. which is cool because I have never caught catfish on a flypole... after that nothing else.. I fished until dark but didn't catch anything... I was really hoping to catch wipers... I have never caught those either....ok what am i doing wrong any suggestions????
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]My "world famous quotation nobody has ever heard before" is "YOU CAN'T KETCH 'EM WHERE THEY AIN'T". Lousy grammar but especially true of wipers. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There is a lot of timing and luck involved. If you get in on an active school, it really does not much matter sometimes what you throw at them, you will get bit. On the other hand, if you are just "washing lures" in fishless water all you get is exercise and fresh air.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You gotta put in the time and pay your dues. At some point it will all come together and you will SCORE. Don't beat yourself up yet about using the wrong line, fly or presentation. When you find the fish you will be able to handle the rest.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD's very right. I had a lull in the luck for almost 1 1/2 month's where all i caught was cats and one in a hundred was a wiper. In the last 2 1/2 weeks, we have caught well over a hundred wipers. It is a matter of being in the right place at the right time. If i were you, i would hang out at the south marina by the bouies and just wait. If you want cats, strip minnow patterns away from the rocks on the north side of the channel. They are thick and BIG right in the channel. Watch for boils and be ready to move fast. You will get into them if you are patient. Good luck.
[signature]