Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where Can I Take Fly Fishing Newbies?
I need a place to take 8 to 10 people who are new to fly fishing. It needs to be close to Ogden and Layton. The Weber and Ogden are in poor fishing shape below the canyons.
We need moving water where they can learn to mend.
I'm thinking that we may have to go all the wat to Rockport to fing good water. What do you suggest?
Thanks, Dale.
[signature]
[font "Franklin Gothic Medium"][black][size 3]Just a thought, but I always try to get newbies on stillwater. Easier to watch their form and help them one on one. And for that I would say the Uinta's. Good luck on your search.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
I agree 100% with you. I have already done that. Now we need to try moving water.
[signature]
I think you should try the south fork of the ogden. It is in good shape. Well it was a week ago anyway. The hatches are good too. Very easy to catch fish with the right fly. Besides that, the middle provo or upper provo is about the only other moving water options i can think of that are in good shape. Good luck in your quest.[cool]
[signature]
You are right about South Fork. It is close and now school is back in session, it will settle back down and fish good.
[signature]
can you find the Qty. of fish you need to teach a class on the southfork? and a stretch of water were you can help them all at the same time? I have taught classes just above echo,Wanship,judge lane.
[signature]
James, I have held off going to the South Fork for that reason. This is the first time that I have tried to take a large group fishing. The places that I normally fish on my own are not big enough for a class.
The area that you are talking about may be the best choice.
I remember your posts about taking classes there and thought about that area, but I was hoping to stay closer to town. Thanks for your suggestions everyone, Dale.
[signature]
Southfork below Causey there should be plenty of room for that many people
[signature]