Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to tube
I am taking a beginner float tubing this afternoon. We will flyfish and spin fish. I am looking for suggestions. Is Mantua still fishing well? Jordanelle? Little Dell? Other?
[signature]
Go try willard. Go in the south marina and go up the channel where the bouy says "no boats". I believe float tubes are ok. Maybe not, but anywhere near the south marina is on fire!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Mantua is a good spot for a newbie tuber. Still lots of 'gills, perch and bass, if you can find a channel in the weeds. Good for either flies or small lures.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You can launch in either the north or south marinas at Willard and find both fly roddin' and spinning for cats and wipers...with plenty of smallies and bluegills too, with the chance at a crappie or two.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Jordanelle is producing some good early morning trout and then lots of perch and smallies...Rock Cliffs being the most tubing friendly launch area.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Thank you for the suggestions. I will post how we do. One last question before we leave - I'm not real familiar with Willard. Is the south marina accessed of the same road as the north marina?
[signature]
Turn west at smith and edwards and take a right after the "bump" and then the next left to the gate.
[signature]