Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Directions to E-lake
ok i have seen some of you guys want to know how to get to Electric lake so here is the best i can give if you are comeing from SLC go i I-15 to spanish fork get off at the price manti exit on highway 6-89 when you get to thistel turn right and go on highway 89 fairview --manti when you get to fairview the is a sign that points to the canyon and says highway 31 huntington price go up the canyon tell you get to the top you will see another sign that says Electric lake and pointing to the left DO NOT GO THAT WAY!!! that is the way to the back side by the boat ramp and you can not get to the lake that way with out a snowmobil.. stay on the main road about 7 to10 miles down the road you will see Huntington res on the right hand side.. than you will go about 2 miles down the road on your right again you will see cleveland res (well what little of it there is this year) after cleveland you well go another 2-3 miles down the road on the left hand side of the road is Electric lake.. if you are walking in you will want to park as close to the dam as you can.. if you have a snowmobil you will want to go back in the direction of cleveland about 1/2 way between the e-lake dam and cleveland res you will see a snow coverd road going toward E-lake you can take a snowmobil down that road and get to the lake.. hope that helps anyone out there that wants to go get in on the great fishing up there..... from the fuzzyfisher-------------------fish on
[signature]
Hey Fuzzyfisher,

It looks like I will be fishing Electric Lake in the morning. Anyone else on the site going down there on Saturday?
[signature]
hey thats great dude!!but i am going sunday [sly] miss fuzz will not let me get away tomorow[Sad] ... just rember to take worms.. and if your walking in go light.. and most of all have fun!!!! from the fuzzyfisher-------------fish on dude
[signature]
How far is the walk down from the dam? Or did you fish by the dam? Were you using the setup that Fuzzyfisher told you about?
Did you try anything else? Happy birthday Kent, I'm glad to hear you had a good one. WH2
[signature]
[sly] hay thats great dude.. 86 fish for the 2 of you that is as good as it gets.. as i have been saying the fishing up there is great all the time.. and you get the lake all to your self most the time..the fish are not the bigest but what they lack in size they make up for it in amounts..i am glad to help and if any one wants to go up to e-lake and wants a free guide let me know and i will see if i can make it... from the fuzzyfisher-------------fish on dude [sly]
[signature]
It is quite a walk from where one parks down to the water (total distance I would estimate is about 3 blocks). The hikes I have taken at Rockport, East Canyon with Wiper2 and even strawberry have been either steeper or longer. We hiked first across the dam and then went straight down the corner of the dam. We fished out about 50 yards (you should be able to see where we fished because we cleared away the snow. We knew that going straight up would be too difficult for going out, so we hiked uplake about 1/2 block and went up an old road, that I assume was used to make the dam. We failed to follow Fuzzy's advice and were towing an ice shack and a sled, with all of the additional gear that one tends to drag along. About the only thing I didn't haul down was my AquaVu, and I wish that I would have also hauled it down. Had we not gotten a lift it probably would have taken us 45 minutes to an hour to get back to the vehicle. The biggest problem is contending with all of the snow drifts. We used various Glow Rat Finkees and similar type lures. Either tipped with wax worms, meal worms, or Pautze Ball of Fire salmon eggs. I used a Swedish Pimple, up my line a couple feet as an attractor, and I caught two on it. The fish averaged about 13 inches, and the largest was about 15 inches, but most are fat and fight hard for cutthroats.
[signature]
Kent,
I tried a different browser and finally got into the site. Now all I gotta do is figure out how to navagate around and how to post.

For all you who don't know me, my name is Kevin. I go by kj. I am an avid ice fisher man in the winter and an avid archery nut during the rest of the year. Sometimes I get out fishing during the summer months. Anywho, as Kent mentioned, we went up to Electric Lake. The most incredible catch was not the fish, but the pliers Kent dropped down the hole. The fish finder said 40 feet of water, but it was still another 11 cranks off the bottom before the fishfinder would see the jig. Anywho, Kent dropped his pliers in 50+ feet of water. About an hour later, he caught them on the bottom and brought them back up. I dropped some sunglasses up at Strawberry a few weeks ago, I tried to get him to go rescue them also, but he declined. Anywho, I think he should be nominated for the catch of the day.

Thanks for the tip Fuzz. A great place to fish.

kj
[signature]
We are glad to have you here at BFT KJ and look forward to your post. BFT also has a hunting site if you want to make a post there during hunting season. WH2
[signature]
hey Ryan and my self went up today and had a good day to.. other than the long walk and the snow storms and the wind[sly] all in all though a good day of fishing..it was slower than it has been but we still got about 20 fish each so not that bad.. i got some pics but i dont want to deal with that tonight maybe tomorow[sly] from the fuzzyfisher--------------fish on dude
[signature]
Yep. It was the best ice fishing I've seen this year. I thought the fish were pretty nice sized too. Not monsters, but beautiful fish.

Thanks again for showing me the ropes.
[signature]
Welcome to the site Kevin. I posted the forceps retrieval story under "Ripleys believe it or not"
[signature]
here are some of the fish we got yesterday up at e-lake..[sly] and the [url "mailto:2440&^2A&24"]#$%@&^%*&($[/url]#@ hill that we had to go back up LOL .. from the fuzzyfisher-------------------[sly] fish on dude

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0962196.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0948343.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage095538.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0934580.jpg]
[signature]
i think they might have got it fixed !! [Smile] the water was up on the ice the other day and it dont look like it is fallan any more in the last weeks.. i hope they got it it would be a shame if they drained the lake and killed all the fish that have been there for 20+ years.. well looks like i might be going up again today just to see if i can catch 1 or 2 [sly] lol from the fuzzyfisher---------fish on dude
[signature]
i went up again today and the fishing was the best it has been all year up there.. and as fare as i can see the lake is rising there is 3" of water on top the ice then about 2" of ice on top of that and 8" of snow on top of that.. i got up there about 10:00 this morning and fished tell 1:45 and caught around 35 to 40 fish [sly] from the fuzzyfisher------------------fish on dude
[signature]