Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LBH 9/1/06
Hit Lindon about 6am Saturday morning. Slow fishing until about 7am. I fished until 8:15am. Caught 16 white bass and two mud cats. Lots of algae, but it's close to shore. The white bass were pretty good sized, 10"-14", with a few smaller. A little slower than it has been, but still good fishing. Had a couple of doubles, I love to have two fish on.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Welcome aboard and thanks for the report. Were you fishing inside the harbor...and did you fish for cats much?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]That algae is nasty stuff. It will go away as the water temps drop some more. Hopefully more fish will move back closer to shore too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Those white bass are lots of fun and good eating. When you get two good sized ones on at the same time they can really pull.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I have been going down there for the past 3 weeks and havent had great luck. Only little 4 inch whities. I fish off the little dock inside the harbor by the launch.

What were you useing and where were you at ?

Law
[signature]
I haven't been targeting the cats. I will certainly take any that are willing though. I haven't had any luck inside the harbor, only tiny whites. I've been fishing off the north dike on the lake side. This last trip I didn't get any tiny ones, the smallest about 8". I'll be there about 6am tomorrow morning (monday) and I always like some company.
[signature]
I use a nightcrawler on a bare hook, no jig or head even. I've been rigging it with two hooks on a dropshot setup, sinker on the bottom- one hook about six inches up- another hook about ten inches higher than that. I use a night crawler just to catch the first fish, then I use white bass meat, with the skin on. This has made a big difference in the number of fish.
[signature]
I'll be there with a companion in the am for the morning rush.
I'll be on a south fork pontoon.
DZ
[signature]
Awsome... My friend and I are going to go do some jobs Monday but maybe we will head on down a little latter...

I thought you could not use Bass meat because it was a game fish???
[signature]
There are exceptions to the game fish law. It's under bait in the proclamation. White bass can only be used for bait on Utah Lake.
[signature]
Good to know, thanks.

BTW, my buddy and I went down at 4pm today and he landed a 13lb carp. I was going to cut it up for bait, but I didn't bring the knife and I had to go grocery shopping with the wife so we gave it to some guys that were south of the harbor and they used it.
[signature]