Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toobin' with da Dude!
TubeDude has given an accurate run of events for the day, so I will spare you all a repeat and will instead simply show my wife's pics (I only took the ones of her and my set-up, she shot everything else).
I will just add that TubeDude is one incredibly gracious host, having generously supplied all of the bait for the day. His sense of humour is razor sharp so if you have something wise-a** to toss his way, be prepared to suffer your fate. The man is a living icon of fishing knowledge and does one of the fastest most efficient fillet jobs I have ever seen.
Nicole and I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your day to meet us and adequately quench the kitty curiosity the two of us had thirsted for before that Friday. And Pat, you wouldn't even let us thank you with lunch... tsk tsk.

TD unloads his fat kitty haul.
[Image: patunloads.jpg]

A close up of TD's kitties.
[Image: Patskittlitter.jpg]

My first kitty.
[Image: DSC01126.jpg]

Nicole's kitty.
[Image: DSC01130.jpg]

Nicole's white bass.
[Image: DSC01132.jpg]

Fighting my second kitty.
[Image: DSC01123.jpg]

My second kitty.
[Image: DSC01133.jpg]

The Nicole and TD snap at the same time.
[Image: DSC01124.jpg]

Nicole's and my take.
[Image: mykitty.jpg]

TD uses his meat hooks to vice the kitties down for a greased-lightning fillet. TD also neglected to warn us of the impending fish debris which would pepper the nearby area of the fish-insinkerator (he had a noticeable smirk on his face as he stepped back from the marine mulcher and left us to enjoy the experience). Fortunately Nicole and I don't mind the smell of fish but I still owe you one for that Pat [Tongue]
[Image: patfillet.jpg]

Tried to give TD a hand, but almost blunt his nice fillet knife attempting to cut off the kitty's pectoral fin.
[Image: IhelpPat.jpg]

A few shots of my fish finder st up. The battery pack is in the tackle pocket on the left. The transducer is simply bolted to a piece of marine ply with wing nuts. The marine ply is screwed to 4" conjoined PVC sleeves. The fish finder is bolt mounted to a layered block of marine play which fits into the cup holder.
[Image: DSC01137.jpg]

[Image: DSC01140.jpg]

[Image: DSC01138.jpg]

-ABT-
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Hey, Bro, I thoroughly enjoyed our day on the water. I was especially happy to see Nicole bring in her personal best kitty and that white bass was a nice little bonus too.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Hope you had a nice vacation overall and that you suffered no misfortunes (other than the shower of fishy parts). Sorry...ha ha.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you can make it back out in the late fall or after March next year we will target some walleyes.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks for the extra pics. I know Zonker was waiting to see them.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Oh yeah! I was! And they didn't disappoint.

[cool]I'm especially glad you guys finally got a couple of action shots of the dude doin' his thing. He always takes pictures of fish and other people and claims he's not very photogenic.

From the two reports it is obvious that you all had a wonderful and successful trip chasing catfish. ABT, I really liked that bent rod shot. Looked like that fish was about to up-end your tube.

Its great how people who would normally be total strangers can meet online in a place like this and have a satisfying day on the water and enjoy good fishing fellowship.

Thanks to all of you, ABT, Nicole, and TD for the great report. It will go down in my mind as one of the really good photo essays of the board. Definitely a keeper.

z~
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Glad you liked the combined efforts. Just for the record, Z, you ain't no slouch yerself when it comes to postin' good reports. Always good readin' and nice "eye candy" to make it come alive.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]You are right in your observation that it is good to have a friendly board like this where folks can share info and even meet up across the miles for a day on the water. Much fun.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah,
I love this board even though I live a couple thousand miles away from most of you guys. (Ontario Canada) You have helped fuel my passion for flyrod tubing. Unfortunately I can almost go and get a coffee while I'm waiting for stuff to fire up after a mouse click. I don't know what the problem is. All the other sites I visit work fine but this one for me of late has been "slower than molasses". (My mother, bless her soul, used to say that!)
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There is no doubt that this is a complex and bandwidth intensive board. However, you shouldn't be having that much problem just because of the "garbage" alone. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Do you have "dial-up" internet service or high speed? The size and speed of your computer can also make a difference. It does take some horsepower to run this site efficiently. Most of the complaints are from members who do not have high speed internet or slower processors. I have a pretty fast computer and high speed internet and seldom have too much problem.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]If you don't already do so, there are some things you can do to speed things up on your end. One is to clean out your email...Outlook or whatever. Get rid of all the "sents" and " deletes" and any other files that you don't need regularly. Same with any old files of documents or pictures you don't use. Put them on a CD or Zip drive to free up disc space.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Once you have done some house cleaning, do a disc "defragmentation" to optimize your disc operation. Everytime I do that I can notice a lot of difference in speed, even on an already fast system.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Other than that, all I can suggest is that with increased terrorism alert they are slowing down our signal at the Canadian border.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I don't know what else to suggest except for going into Internet Tools and deleting cookies and deleting internet files. Sometimes they bog down the computer too. Just don't forget to log on to BFT again or you will suffer the Z factor.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I have had some BFT slowdowns a couple of times before and it usually just turns out to be a housekeeping issue. But, I have never had the same problems with other sites, so I share your frustration.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Hey smallmouth if you want pm me and we can work through this and try some things that might speed up your computer.

For starters:

Do you notice any noticeable slowdown on any other site you visit, or is it only bft?

Do you have a firewall enabled?

Is your antivirus software up to date? Have you scanned recently?

Do you have anti-spyware software installed?
[signature]