Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Canyon
Moose and I fished East Canyon Saturday. The fishing was SLOW. We talked to a couple of other bass fisherman from the Cache Valley Club, and everyone had the same luck. All small fish. Tons of follows, small fish in the boat, the biggest thing we saw was 11 inches. All the rest were less than 8 inches.

Talked to the Ranger at East Canyon, and he said the bass fishing had slowed down in the last couple of weeks. Said no one has been catching anything big at all.

But he did say some interesting things about the shocking the state did earlier on the lake and that they found a ton of fish. Sounded good for continued fishing for bass.

Bmac2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] So how was the traffic on the water up there?[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
believe it or not, it wasn't until like 2 pm on Saturday before the traffic got really stupid. But it was pretty full when we left. And more boats showing up. So I bet by tomorrow it will be stupid. There were a couple of morons skiing that was risking everyone's safety by skiing too close to boats and the shore.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Yeah I know what you mean, I want to get back up there during the week and try my luck on the Trout or what ever.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
the trout guys seemed to be catching fish. So I would go for the trout if you like trout fishing. The Ranger talked about some large browns people were catching.

Good luck.
[signature]
its nice to read a good report on east canyon! sounds like a lot of fun. there are some huge browns in there! its very under-rated fishery in my book! thanks for the report, and check out the utah board for more great region specific reports.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?jump=forum%3D58"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?jump=forum%3D58[/url]
[signature]