Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who Do You Think Should be the Replacment Doug Miller
I've been thinking about this for a while, actually ever since Doug Miller passed away,

What do you guys & gals think?
[signature]
who should replace doug miller? thats easy... ME!
[signature]
Gotta say this. If I hadn't quit hunting after the late Vietnam "unpleasantness" I'd be on that job like ugly on an ape.
[signature]
You know, I've been thinking the same thing.
I think they need to bring in someone from outside Utah.

Wouldn't happen but I think Ted Nugent would be a riot.

Tough role to fill.
[signature]
While the "nuge" would be fun to watch,he is way to radical for a state like utah.I'am sure that the tv station is already thinking about a replacement for doug,but then they might be thinking that a whole new approach might be needed.Filling doug's shoes would be a big job,no matter who it is that replaces him.
[signature]
It would be extremely hard to replace Doug because he built the show from scratch and it was built around his personality. There are lots of us that have a good understanding of the outdoors. There are very few that have a back ground in journalism to go with it. If you really look at Doug's final product they were pretty well polished. I hope they will try to replace his program with something that will keep the public informed like Doug's. gshorthair
[signature]
Reece Stein. I've met him quite a few times. He's a personable nice guy. Plus he was already seeing what was going on behind the scenes of Doug's show. I kinda pull for him, too, because his wife taught me at Granite. At least that's my oppinion.
[signature]
I think it should be TKB. I've hunted and fished with him many times and while both a poor shot and lousy fishermen, I would be there to make him look good.

I will miss Doug. I've watched him since I moved here 10 years ago and he really did encourage me to understand Utah outdoors.

IFG
i just watched the tribute show over on dougs site. it was pretty good. they also said that they are going to continue doing the show but didnt announce who was going to do it,,
[signature]
There are a lot of folks who watched they shouldn't wait too long before replacing him
[signature]
[Smile]Well boys and girls, I see that starting on 10-07-06 there is a new show on at 11:00 pm Called "Roughing it" in the outdoors. IT will be hosted by Reese Stein. KUTV 2

Should be interesting. I will check it out. I know he will never replace Doug, But he could put a new spin on things and be worth watching.
[signature]
I nominate TubeDube!!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks...but no thanks. I have the experience but not the desire.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Reese will do fine. I've known him since the 70's. He has good qualifications.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Nobody has to become a Doug clone. He brought his own personality to the show and whoever fills that spot should not just try to imitate Doug. We all tend to resist what we are not familiar with, but in time we will learn to accept and like a new format.[/#0000ff]
[signature]