Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labor day Evening at Willard
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] My son and I had a great time on Willard tonight. We arrived at the South Marina at 4:30 pm, had to wait for the Parade of Morons to try to get their boats in the water( yes they were still launching at that time ).Finally got my boat in the water after about 15 minutes. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] We started trolling right away out of the marina and trolled past the feed lot towards the highway. We stayed in that area looking for boils but I think that there was too much activity going on for that. Water temp was 76 degrees and dropped to 74 when we left at 9:00pm[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] We were using Planer Boards 50 ft behind the board and 50 ft from the boat. Chris finally caught a small Kitty and we let it go back. About 7:00pm we headed back towards the Marina and as we rounded the corner by the feed lot I noticed a lot of boats bunched up in front of the feed lot and a lot of dust and the smell of that FRESH COUNTRY AIR that we all live for out there, lol. So we decided to check it out and immediatly saw what the comotion was about, BOILS BABY.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] We followed the boils all along the south dike right up to the marina and what a ball. Chris caught 2 fighting footballs with attitude and I caught one. Sorry no pictures camera was in the truck. Any way we had a good time right to 9:00pm when we left. Trolling speed was 2.5-3.5mph, we were using Gold and silver castmasters about 3/8 oz.with the red hooks.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]All's well that ends well. Ain't it amazin' how a cold, wet, miserable trip can suddenly turn into paradise when the fish start biting? I doubt you were cold, wet and miserable last night, but I'm sure you were getting discouraged before "boil city".[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got to stretch your string.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Good to hear Dan! I'm glad they aren't over yet. I'll be out for sure tomorrow evening. Thanks for the report.
[signature]
I got out last night myself. We didn't get anything, not a bite. We went over by the light pole and trolled around. Marked lots of fish at all depths but no takers. Maybe next time.
[signature]
Hey Dan, did the boils you saw last very long? Seems like the past few days, most people say the boils have been very short lived. Nice report.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] The boils were not so much short lived , they were just constantly on the move along the rocks. You just had to anticipate the move.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
For once I can report that I WAS THERE!!!! I was the one in the yellow 14 foot alum boat. I talked to a bunch of people during and after in the parking lot by the lights unprepping my boat, but since I don't know too many of you by face, I didn't recognize anyone. But everyone that talked to me or that I talked to was nice. You could tell that excitement was in the air. I thought it got dark WAY too soon, I would have liked it had the boils started earlier, or if the dark would stay away longer!!! I trolled also all afternoon with only one Wiper by the island, and then go to participate in the boil activity catching 2 20+ inchers right before dark...what a lovely smell that was, and I the stench was so thick that it limited visibility!!! (not kidding!)
That was the first time I've ever caught Wipers out of boils!
If I talked to any of you...it was nice to meet you all!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Hey Randy, man I wish I would have know that was you in that yellow boat. I was driving the Green boat in front of you with the 2 guys in it. I think you and I were in the same spot, lol. Hope I didn't crowd you out. We got to get you some BFT stickers for that Boat of yours.[/size][/red][/font]
[signature]
Hey AfDan,
Nope, you didn't crowd me out...that was 1/2 the fun anyway, being in such close proximity you could talk to others and listen to the excitement happen! Besides, there are plenty of fish to go around!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
I was up there as well, we got into a few boils, but we were up on the north side of the lake. my father in law pulled out one wiper lost one and one kitty. I had one that got off but it was still fun all the same.

Joe
[signature]