Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Labor Day Weekend Gorge Report
Thanks to all those who gave tips and pointers to me. We had a good trip to the Gorge, and I got my first Lake Trout that had any size to it, which was a nice 24 inch six pounder. We didn't have a hard time catching the small fish at all. We could catch them around sixty feet with tube jigs tipped with nightcrawlers or frozen minnows. Bass were easy to get in to also. Only caught one decent bass the whole time there, which went about 3 lbs. Everything else was from 8-14 inches, and one pound or less. Lakers were deep for the bigger fish, 90 feet or so. I had big tube jigs that were about five inches long in white and jigged down there. We only caught eight or so, but it was a lot of fun jigging for them, and I figure we did pretty well without a fish finder. We did have a depth finder which helps. We caught a few incidental rainbows when fishing for the bass too. Overall, my dad, grandma, mom, and sister all had a good time.

I want to get out and do the macks again. That was a lot of fun. Can't wait to hit it again.
[signature]
hey great to hear ya'll had a good time up there!

Fg is a great place for someone to catch there first Mac of any size.. good to hear you got into some! next time you'll get that 30+ lbs i'm sure!! lol or not but you know it will be fun trying all the same!
[signature]