Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another "Silly Wiper" Report ... 9-5-06
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]Bait_Caster and I decided to try some late-season wiper fishing tonight. We launched at the South marina at about 4:45. Water temps ranged from 74 to 79. We trolled down past the north side of the island but only got one good strike that we missed. Then, down, about a mile east of the light pole, we picked up two medium sized wipers. Trolled the west dike and got nothing. Using planer boards, we had four lines out all night. Come back up the same way we went down and picked up one more wiper. Decided to troll the area I call “Freeway Bay” on the east side for a while. By then it was getting dark. Suddenly we seen our first boil of the day just behind us. That was great because our lines were just about to come right through the boil. It got pretty busy pretty quick. We had triples on … both planers and a free line. One was on BC’s Cabela’s M-H rod and it broke the rod in two! Went back through that area again in the dark with the lights on and picked up one more. The sketers were BAD tonight … worst it’s been all year.

All total we boated six wipers … a couple of them about 3 ½ lbs. Caught most fish on size 7 silver Rapala tail dancers and the ole dependable Producer. It was great to get out in the early fall weather. The water was great and so was the company … as usual.[/#002850][/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#002850][/#002850][/font]
[inline "Night-Wiper 400.gif"]

[inline Broke-Pole-400.gif]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great report Old_Coot. Looks like you guys got into some good sized wiper. That sucks about the broken pole, must have been a dandy of a fish to do that.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Nice report Ralph. Too bad about the bunged up pole though! That is some serious violence!

BTW, that was me honking at you on the way to work yesterday morning!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Coot;' Looking back at last night, we did have our hands "Full". Its been a while since we (the two of us) has had tripples on at one time. Got to love it Man! [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] One thing about the broken poll, at least I tied my knots correct!! Fish on and in the boat. Despite the poll braking.[/size][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3] Looking forward to another fish outing with ya Coot!! This is to much fun. Thanks for the Whoooo-Raaa!![/size][/font]
[signature]
Good job guys!! Way to go on the tripple.[cool]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Old Coot , I'm glad to see that you and Baitcaster were able to get back on the water right away. You guys needed that. I know what you mean about the excitement with the boils, my son and I ran into that the other day and and also had our hands full. I need more of that before we go to Bear lake. [/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] I am glad that you guys had a night of Wiper action. Git R Done[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Nice report old_coot,broken pole?those Wipers can take a toll on equipment alright.
[signature]
Nice to see you get into them. I have fished Willard three times this year and still not caught a wiper there this year. Sounds like I need to go try my luck there again. Acey
[signature]