Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Even Koke Guys like wipers...
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Hooked up with SockeyeSlayer (Jared Johnson) at Willard for a little wiper action tonight. Things started off slow with no bites on the troll. Got tired of that and decided to go check out the feed lot since the reports from AFDan52 and NETO chased boils there the night before. We spent a little time around there with no action and decided to move. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3][/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]We finally saw a little surface activity on the west side and threw to it with no hits. Finally decided to work some shore line and started to hook up. First Jared hooked a 13-14" smallie that went aerial at the boat. As the dusk took over, we had more surface activity around us and Jared finally hook a wiper. A small one but what ended up being a pretty good beginning. [/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Jared and I finally ended up with around 12-14 fish all caught on the cast and 3 double hook ups. We followed the wipers down the dike and caught fish until it was too dark to see. It was a fitting end to the day considering the first 3/4's of the day looked pretty slow.[/size][/black][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Here's a few pics from our trip:[/size][/black][/font]
[center][inline JJ1.JPG] [/center] [center]Jared up on the bow of The Boomerang casting into the darkness.[/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline JJ2.JPG][/center] [center]Our first double[/center] [center]
[/center] [center][inline jj3.JPG][/center] [center]A nice fat wiper caught by Jared[/center] [center]
[/center]
[signature]
I'll bet Jared was having some kind of withdrawals fishing such a shallow lake without riggers! Nice fish guys.
[signature]
Good to see they are still biting. Looks like a fun evening. Did you ever see surface activity by the feed lot?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Rich, My son and I didn't see amything happening until around 7pm . We were on our way back towards the South Marina fishing when we spotted the boils along the shoreline. Looks like that might be the optimal timeframe, if you can handle the bugs. Glad you guys got into them.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
GITR-DONE GITR-DONE GITR-DONE DONE DONE!!!!!!!!
YES IT IS TRUE EVEN I LIKE FISHING FOR THING'S OTHER THEN KOKES...AND YES IT WAS A GREAT CHANGE "KILLER BEE" TO BE CASTING INSTEAD OF DOWNRIGGING. rICH THANK YOU AGAIN FOR A GREAT TRIP AND WONDERFUL COMPANY...THAT WHAT THIS BOARD IS ALL ABOUT...CAN'T WAIT TO HIT IT AGAIN BEFORE THE SEASON WINDS TO A CLOSE..... WHAT A NEAT FISH ALL MUSCLE AND THAT LAKE WAS DOWN RIGHT GLASS....YOU COULDN'T HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER DAY!!
THANK'S AGAIN
JARED JOHNSON ROCKY MOUNTAIN TACKLE CO.
[signature]
I fish a lot (maybe more than I should...) but catching those wipers in the boils gave me more of a rush than anything else I've caught this year!...except for maybe the Tiger Muskies with MGB!
Glad you got into them!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][#002850]I'm kind of surprised that BC and I didn't see you guys. We were out there too last night. We were all over the South half of the lake.

I find it interesting how the closer to dark it gets, the hotter the fishing is. Yea ... I know that is true with most fishing but for the wipers, it seems that they cram much of their feeding activity into the last 10 minutes of day light.[/#002850][/font][/size]
[signature]
were those your first wipers? if so your hooked. its the way they dive right under the boat that i love about them.
[signature]
I wonder if the increase in feeding just about the time it gets dark has anything to do with the full moon. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't feeding mostly during the night. gshorthair
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]You are exactly right, gshorthair. The wipers will and do feed after dark. I have been out hours after dusk, in full darkness and pulled in my share of wipers. Teroy used to hang a glow stick off the island marker bouy and troll the island as late as midnight with good success. I'm not so sure about the full moon connection but who knows. Try a night run for wipers. You might be glad you did![/size][/black][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Nice report, Rich. Thanks for sharing. Seems like you can always find those wipers somewhere on that lake!
[signature]
WIPERS-addictive.Got to get back up there!!
[signature]
Good to hear that you caught a few. I think we ran into each other at the small boil along the west dike. I was in the ancient red and white boat with my wife. If that was you, gald to have met you. We moved around and around and around. The boils were very small and yep the score was 0. I hooked a few shad casting for the wipers and that was about it. I hope to do better at the berry this weekend.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][black][size 3]Yup, I remember you. It's pretty hard not to mistake my boat around here. LOL! You and your significant other were casting next to us about 300 yards off the west dike. Sorry to hear you didn't score. We thought we were going home empty too but we guessed right and got lucky.[/size][/black][/font]
[signature]