Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard 5-6-04
made ti to the south marina today. was on the water at 6 and had the first fish by 6:10. a crappie. nice breakfast too. haha. stayed ont he water all day, watched the lake fill with boats and empty. boils were strongest to the north it looked like, but the chanel goign into the marina was steady with bioils all day. trick was being close enough when they started. i was in my tube, if you went to the south marina you undoubtably say me. fished a shad rap and chunk of minnow. the minnow got me 6 decent cats, and the shad rap landed one wiper 24 inches. man what a fight, spun me round and round. at one point it was pulling me faster than the idling boat passing me. haha. good times.
[signature]
Good on ya for the big wiper . It been too long since I fished for them .
[signature]
Thanks for the report,so you fished the boils at the South marina?
[signature]
yeah but the boils were very short lived. minute and a half was the longest one i think. the shad are thinnning out. only a few more weeks of good boil action. i think its mostly watching the birds and being in the right place at the right time. but the birds do help, they dive for the shad, then the wipers come in.
[signature]
Thanks for the report... Wipers in the tube are a lot of fun. [cool]
[signature]