Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Sat a.m. report...
Launched at 6:30 at the south Marina with my cousin this morning in his boat. Pitched rat-l-traps while trolling north along the east dike right outside the marina...got to the feed lot then turned west...past the island...over to the west dike...south along the west dike...then east along the south dike...by then the wind had come up and with 4 hours of fishing and not even a bite, we headed home. I'm not fishing Willard in the a.m. anymore this year. Afternoons/evenings or nothing for me.
I want to go back this evening but I might have to work. If not, I'll be up there around 6:30 or so...but I'll be pitching from the shore...I broke a part on my boat motor and haven't fix it yet!
Randy
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
That sounds like our morning yesterday. Might just as well have showed up at 9:30 for all the early morning yielded. But when we did find them.WOW WOW !!!!!! They must move around in the pond in search of the shad. We limited in less than an hour. Trolling. I also think the evenings are normally the best for us but it is so late getting home. time place and lure. Good luck!
[signature]
Bummer about your boat,the wind never helps!The fishing should pick up.Thanks for the report
[signature]
Sounds like a tough morning. Thanks for the report. Hope you get you boat back on the water soon.
[signature]
Earlier in the year i did good in the am but as the summer progressed it got to be almost worthless to be out there early.
[signature]