Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Report 9-9-06
The kokanee fishing was great at Skunk cliffs on the Wyoming Side. However you have to realse any that you catch after today. If you do go fishing for kokanees, for catch and release try fishing in about 50-70 feet of water and use something small with white and red. If you are using a snubber take it OFF, I promise you will loose more kokanees fishing with them. Kokanee fishing slows right down after 10:00 a.m. The fishing starts up around 6:15 a.m. I went out there for one red kokanee to get sponsored and get my fishing lures for free, but caught everything but a red kokanee. Good luck to anyone going out there.
[signature]
Thanks for posting your report and the info Colton, did you get any large kokes? WH2
[signature]
We got a few, but most of them got off because we were using snubbers. No Red ones, but we did get a pink one real close to the boat. It was a great time but, couldn't keep them on. There was one time three out of four of our poles were in at the same time, but we did not get one of them to stay on.
[signature]