Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek today
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] Fished Lost Creek today with BearClaw and had a Great day. The day started with me meeting up with BearClaw at his house at 6am and arriving at the Boat ramp at Lost Creek about 7am.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] There was a bit of a chill in the air and mist in the mountains, we put on our coats and launched the boat about 7:30am. We were the only boat on the water for 2-3 hours, BearClaw started trolling right away and was catching rainbows before we even got out of the Boat ramp Cove. We were both using Small pop-gear and a Crawler, Trolling Speed was 1.6 - 1.9 mph GPS depth was 25- 35 ft. water was like Glass most of the day.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] About 11:00am the bite just stopped, we were trolling up to the North end past the large sandbar and not marking anything so I decided to turn around and see if we could get back into them. Thats when we saw IT. A six-point Bull Elk in the water Dead. Massive animal ,too bad . That head would have looked Great on my wall.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4] On the way back to finding the fish we decided to troll back towards the boatramp and see if we do anything there. I was marking fish everywhere, so we found a spot in 40 ft of water dropped the anchor shut off the motor and jigged for the rest of the afternoon. It was like we had hit the Mother Lode. None stop action until we left at 2 pm. What a blast, Thanks bearClaw for a great time and great company. Hope I got it all in. LOL[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Great report Dan! Too bad about that nice bull. I didn't notice any trauma, so I wonder if he drowned??? Could you guys tell how he bought the farm?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][red][size 4] That's what was weird about it, no bullet hole , no Arrows . Just not sure . Drowning is very possible.[/size][/red][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4][/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#ff0000][size 4]AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#ff4040][size 3]Great report and pics! That's too bad about that nice bull, he would've looked good on anybody's wall.[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
I believe he did drown but we'll never no for sure. Didn't notice any broken legs or holes in his hide. I also didn't see any tracks coming down the bank or parrallel to the shore. My guess would be that he'd been there for at least three or four days as he was starting to get rather ripe and funky! Looked like he might be in the 280-300 class range, sweet bull. Anyway, thanks a million for the boat ride dan. It was nice to finally see those cutts getting a bit bigger. Sure hope we can do it again soon.
[signature]